Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Pogitalaga

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Pogitalaga
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: Pogitalaga
Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: B1
Dining 5+

Allure or Oasis....You will have the good and the bad
In our case, it's mostly good. Just came back from our Feb. 26 Allure sailing. I said "mostly" because I believe there is no or will there ever be a "perfect" RoyalCC cruise. ( I hope I'm wrong).This was our 4Th cruise, all on RCC.

I'm going be brief in my review.

1. Checking in- fast, efficient and friendly staff. Even before they find out you've cruising RCC. Pier Coordinator Tony was really great.

2. Welcome music- fantastic. The group Music Vison played really excellent music, as they welcomed guests on the Promenade.

3. Pre-Departure Drill ( we were in the Aqua Theatre)- was very disorganized. Can't make out sound from video. Very poor sound system. Maybe good only for music.

4. Main Dining- Really excellent service from Head Waiter Marlito(Phillipines), Waiter Hendra (Indonesia) ]and Assist. Waiter Sylvia (Peru). I can't say the same for our Oasis MDR staff last year.

5. Shows- All except Chicago was great. Especially Blue Planet. Chicago was boring. Don't get me wrong. the cast were great talents, but this show should not be on a cruise ship. The Aqua theatre show Oceanaria was good and better than Oasis of Dreams. Didn't get to see "How to Train Your Dragon" because of it's bad schedule (it's not even on the RCC website sched). So many things are happening on and off the ship that you will surely miss some of them.

5. Food Around the Ship- the Hotdog stand is good.They should keep it open late, to have more snack choices in the evening in addition to Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, The Cupcake store and the Ice Cream Parlor. Looie at the Ice Cream Store was great. So with Jeffery and Roxana at Sorrento's. the girls at Starbucks was also great and efficient.

5. Samba Grill- Stay away from this one. If you are used to dining at a real Brazilian Restaurant, you will be disappointed big time. You are assigned only one waiter. Waiting for your next piece of meat/cut is like waiting for rain in Southern California. Complete waste of time and money. we drunk more wine than eating meat. We'll charge it to experience. You can't go wrong with Chops Grill.

6. Cabin Steward and Overall Cabin condition, very good. Our Steward Christian Reyes(Philippines) was very efficient inspite of jet lag, having come in the night before the sailing from Manila.

7. Ken Rush- Richard Spacey was more alive. But Ken is nice and very accomodating.

8. Captain Hernan Ziti- because he is young, he's full of energy and very visible. The staff I talked to like him a lot.

9. Embarkation- fast and orderly.

10. Overall Service (Staff)- better than Oasis.

Last year, I dedicated 2 colored pages of our Oasis cruise in my community entertainment paper. It was like promoting Oasis and RCC for free. I was thinking of doing the same this time except I was disappointed with the Loyalty Manager, who can't even provide me with one picture I wanted to use. We attended the Meet and Mingle at Dazzles. A professional photographer took a picture of the entire group. (around 80 of us) I requested a copy to use for my paper and I got a quick no. So now I'm thinking. Why would I promote RCC/ Allure for free.

Overall, we enjoyed our week on board Allure, but like I said in the beginning, there will be things that won't make you happy. You just have to have a open mind and enjoy.

Publication Date: 03/11/12