Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Sandizona: Four Thumbs WAY UP!

Sandizona
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera Cruises

Four Thumbs WAY UP!

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We've only been back home for 6 days, and haven't completely unpacked. I had to get all our memory cards downloaded so I could put a jammed packed Hallmark Smilebox together to share with family and friends.

We had a blast the entire cruise. Sapphire Princess is Beautiful, as is all their staff / crew. Each and every single person working on board was always smiling, greeting us with "Good Morning" or "Good what ever time of day / night". Seven days wasn't long enough. Ten days would be great, Fourteen days PERFECT (I think). Our luggage was at our stateroom, and before we could get our key card in the door, our precious beautiful Stateroom Steward greeted us from down the hall, by Mr. Dave and Mrs. Sandi! How cool is that? Always greeting us with a smile, and How was your day / night / dinner / etc. We are going to stay in touch now via e-mail / FB / SKYPE. The Princess Patter is delivered late at night and allows you to see what is available to do on the ship, and I More brought a yellow highlighter to mark lots of activities. Eating, Movies, Workshops, Eating, Photos, People Watching, Spa, Eating, Whale & Dolphin watching from our balcony, wine before dinner, .... we didn't have time to relax. Our favorite waiter has the greatest ever ready smile, and so glad we were in his section. Eugene works so hard, so fast.. 7 days a week, 10 months a year. I don't know how they do it! Can't say enough positive about our first cruise. We truly give it our 4 thumbs up!!! ....however professional photos too expensive per sheet, and so sad that those precious moments captured in beautiful photos are simply discarded once passengers disembard. Wish they could offer a $50-$75.00 package of 5 sheets. I'm sure many more people would buy their photos. The photos were always displayed top to bottom, very organized. Great organization each and everyday. From going to our Muster Station for our safety lessons, to every show, concert, comedian act, movie, Zumba, meals on time, tender arranging, dropping off & coming back to the ship, excursions, .....well, Princess Crew does everything top notch! Can't wait to cruise again ASAP Less

Read more Sapphire Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Sapphire Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Sapphire Princess Oceanview Doulbe with Balcony Caribe B123

So glad we chose a balcony room. We were able to sit / stand over looking the ocean, spotting the rising sun, the moon, the fantastic colorful sunsets, whales, dolphins, and ports that we pulled into. Our room was plenty spacious, and I was thrilled that there were enough hangers for the clothes we brought, shelves for folded items, the in room safe, spacious shelves in bathroom, quick flushing toilet, small shower (but fine shower head), wall mounted hair dryer, high wall mounted flat screen t.v. w/ remote, small fridge with ice filled bucket, and best of all...........the rubberized mat that lays across the end of the bed when you plunk your suitcases down! So smart! Daily the fabric style bed liner was layed out, keeping us aware of just using the covered space on the bed. Brilliant!!! Only one electric outlet in main room, one in bathroom wasn't enough. I knew about that so brought a surge protector / electrical outlet cord from home. This way we could charge our camera, phone and use a flat iron easily. I also was told to buy and use an over the door plastic pocket / shoe holder for hair supplies. Great idea, and I found mine at the Dollar Store. I had a yellow highlighter with me to mark the fun activities we wanted to do each day...easy visual when looking at the daily amazingly fact filled well done Princess Patter. Super darkening shades made our room really dark, and the rocking motion of the ship moving lulled us to sleep quickly. Awoke to bright mornings, rarin' to go!

Once again, we just chose to go it alone.... walking, people watching, strolling the beaches, observing the locals selling their handicrafts through chain link fences, small children with baskets of Chiclet Gums, small toys, to sell you at all corners of every street. Pretty touristy, and the men who continue to ask if you wanted a water taxi or fishing boat trip, got to be a bit annoying. We finally walked by them, with out aknowledging them. Fun to see the fishing boats come in with huge fish. Such a big melting pot of humans. I loved listening to all the languages, and smiling foreign faces. Cabo is delightful, beautiful, and yet devistation / destruction is around most buildings. I'm sure the locals count on the cruise ships passengers money to allow them to provide food, shelter and clothing for their extended families. Next cruise... I may bring/or buy childrens' clothing for the little ones. Wish I could have conversed with some of those beautiful dark eyed dark haired children. We actually did.... Smiles are universal : )

Smooth getting on and off the tenders, and lots of maps available to find places to go and see. We chose to go it alone, and walked walked walked. Our Capitan sent everyone a memo alerting us to a cruise ship just ahead of us, who's excursion bus of 22 passengers, were robbed. That was a bit un-nerving so we kept our jewelry & major cards & ID locked in our state room. Loved people watching and taking some wonderful photos. Memories forever. Back on the ship, leaving Puerto Vallarda, we saw several whales near the starboard side / our room side . An amazing time!!!