Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by dissapointed cruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by dissapointed cruiser
Carnival Splendor
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 8A

Carnival Splender
Hotel

I stayed at the Hotel Maya. They offer good prices to people that are going on Carnival cruises. My room was $139 for a ocean view with a Balcony. They also offer a shuttle around town for no charge.

I took a shuttle from the hotel, the shuttle time was 10:30am, at first I thought that was too early but it ended up being ok. We got there, checked in and by the time they called our zone we were walking on the ship at 11:45am. Once on boasrd we sat in on the Lido deck and waited for our room. Our room was ready at 1:30pm, so as you can see it actually went quite fast.

Room

My room was 7358 a balcony room, our friends took an interior room for 4 across the hall and down a little bit We had 5 rooms in total, so it was nice for all of us to be kind of close. The interior room for 4 was very small and they will not do that again.

I was on the waitlist for early dining but was not confirmed early until I got there that morning. We were in the Gold Pearl. The dining staff was awesome and I have no complaints. The food was great in the Dining room. I do not have much to say about the buffet, but really what can you say about bufffet food. Room service was good, they really need more breakfast food choices though.

Shows

Comedy shows were very funny. Theatre shows were good too. I wish they would keep the comedy shows in the big theatre though.

Excursions

I did not do excursions in Cabo San Lucas but did do the Las Caleitas island in Puarta Vallarta from Carnival and it was Ok. The island had very poor drinks and seemed very designed for children. I like more peace. The food was good though. Cabo San Lucas was amazing and so much fun. Very easy to find your way around. We went to Cabo Wabo which was kind of off the roads and sxcary feeling, but we got there, they had great Margaritas, worth the walk. Then we continued on to take awater taxi to Madano Beach, there we hung out for the day. we did go eat at The Office, definately glad we went there, best Shrimp Tacos I ever ate. Then at the end of the day we had scheduled for our same Water Taxi to come pick us up, which he was on time and got us back promptly. The second day in Cabo we arranged the same thing with the Water Taxi but hung out at Billygans, which set us up with Umbrellas, tables and lounge chairs as long as we ordered drinks from there. We were there for 4 1/2 hours with 6 people and 2 kids and spent $250.00 I think that was good. even rented the kids 2 boogie boards for $15 an hour for both.

Overall opinion

Back on the ship the last couple of days I do want to tell everyone my a story. I am just warning everyone of theft from the employees on the last day of your travel, do not laugh someone warned me and I did not take them seriously. I had sent some clothes to laundry two days before leaving, got everything back all was good, got all packed didn't think nothing of it. When I got home unpacked my luggage my capris were missing, I had 2 new pairs with tags and 2 clean pairs that were laundered that were gone. All I had left was 3 dirty pairs that were in my husbands suitcase. The value of my capris was $450.00, the tags would prove it. I called customer care and my PVP but they are not taking any responsiblility saying that I lost them, I said, no they were stolen and I believed they were stolen from someone in there laundry service. They said they would investigate but would not be held responsible for anything. They said I should have filed a stolen rerport on the ship and I explained, how would I have known, my bags were zipped up and packed in there custody. SO CAUTION EVERYONE, DO NOT TRUST THEM. BE VERY CAREFULL!!!!!

Publication Date: 03/11/12