Carnival Triumph 2

Cruise review of Carnival Triumph

Willy Hank
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Departed Galveston on 2-18-2012. On 2-19-2012 the drain backed up flooding mine and several other cabins. The crew moved us to the second deck to cabin 2438 which is above the engine and thrusters. We spent one night and informed the crew we could not spend another night in that cabin. The solution was to move back into the original cabin with fans blowing attempting to dry out the floor.

On the day of flooding of the cabin the crew was attempting to unplug the drain and vacuum up the water. We had the cabin door opened and informed the workers we needed to close the door to dress for dinner. I closed the door, but did not lock it. While my wife and I were in semi dressed condition one of the workers entered without knocking causing us considerable embarrassment.

We spent the next couple of days with fans in the room and the furniture in disarray. We spent most of the day on deck due to the noise of the fans. I did turn them off at night in order to sleep.

Even More after the room dried up the musty smell created by the wet carpet lingered.

The Carnival solution was to reimburse us $71.00 for our inconvenience. When I booked the cruise I was asked if I had ever been on a cruise. I told them I had been on several courtesy of the US Army aboard troop ships. I was told this would be much more memorable. They were correct. It will be some time before I forget this one! Less

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8A8252
The cabin without the water would have been great. The cabin they moved us to was terrible.

Chankanaab National Park Tour
Interesting

A third rate port of call
Read 360 Progreso Reviews

Published 03/09/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?