Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Willy Hank

Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 8A

Nightmare Cruise
Departed Galveston on 2-18-2012. On 2-19-2012 the drain backed up flooding mine and several other cabins. The crew moved us to the second deck to cabin 2438 which is above the engine and thrusters. We spent one night and informed the crew we could not spend another night in that cabin. The solution was to move back into the original cabin with fans blowing attempting to dry out the floor.

On the day of flooding of the cabin the crew was attempting to unplug the drain and vacuum up the water. We had the cabin door opened and informed the workers we needed to close the door to dress for dinner. I closed the door, but did not lock it. While my wife and I were in semi dressed condition one of the workers entered without knocking causing us considerable embarrassment.

We spent the next couple of days with fans in the room and the furniture in disarray. We spent most of the day on deck due to the noise of the fans. I did turn them off at night in order to sleep.

Even after the room dried up the musty smell created by the wet carpet lingered.

The Carnival solution was to reimburse us $71.00 for our inconvenience. When I booked the cruise I was asked if I had ever been on a cruise. I told them I had been on several courtesy of the US Army aboard troop ships. I was told this would be much more memorable. They were correct. It will be some time before I forget this one!

Publication Date: 03/09/12
Read the Western Caribbean ports review by Willy Hank
More Carnival Triumph Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Triumph review Read the next Carnival Triumph review

More Western Caribbean Reviews
Good and Bad
Nice cruise, but little...
Great Cruise!