Ruby Princess Cruise Review by ariannasstuff

Cabin Category: BD
Cabin Number: B334

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
A Wonderful Sailing on The Ruby Princess
Just off a recent Ruby Princess Cruise and in total the cruise was wonderful. Really not too many negatives to point out.

Embarkation: We arrived at noon and the line did move quickly. We were in our room by 1:15. Luggage appeared before 5:00 pm. We had lunch in the Horizon Court and it was very orderly.

The Ship: The Ruby was great! Not the newest, but no signs of wear. Everything was very clean, and due to the recent Noro Virus, we kept seeing workers cleaning all the time.

Crew: Everyone we came in contact with was very professional and helpful.

Food: I realize this is very subjective. I thought the food in the Horizon Court was very good for a buffet. Lots of selection and the hot foods were kept hot. The only negative was that midway through the cruise, Noro Virus appeared on the ship, so as part of the precaution, food had to be served in the Horizon Court by staff. All this really did is slow the process down, but I really did not mind. We did eat in Sabbatini's and I thought the atmosphere was delightful, the staff most hospitable, and the food was good, not great. I probably would not pay the cover on this restaurant again. I had a different feel in the Crown Grill. I thought the food was very good and I would pay the money again to eat here. The only disappointing part of this cruise was the Main Dining Room, Botticelli. The food was mediocre at best and our wait staff was very slow. We were often show dessert menus five minutes before the next seating. Now, my favorite place was the International Cafe. I did buy a coffee card just for the brewed coffee. I loved the pastries and ate here almost every day. They also made wonderful sandwiches.

Lastly, twice during the cruise, on sea days, the WheelHouse served pub lunches and we partook of the Fish and Chips. They were great!

Shows/Entertainment: Two nights we saw the comedians, Phil Tag and Doug Funk. Both were great. One night we saw the Broadway production and it was okay. The Movies Under the Stars was a nice touch. Saw a movie in the morning by the pool and one evening.

Disembarkation: This was a little slow to start, but then moved quickly.

Overall, it was a great cruise and I would recommend this ship.

Publication Date: 03/07/12