“A Wonderful Sailing on The Ruby Princess”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

ariannasstuff Ruby Princess 4 A Wonderful Sailing on The Ruby Princess
ariannasstuff
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Just off a recent Ruby Princess Cruise and in total the cruise was wonderful. Really not too many negatives to point out. Embarkation: We arrived at noon and the line did move quickly. We were in our room by 1:15. Luggage appeared before 5:00 pm. We had lunch in the Horizon Court and it was very orderly. The Ship: The Ruby was great! Not the newest, but no signs of wear. Everything was very clean, and due to the recent Noro Virus, we kept seeing workers cleaning all the time. Crew: Everyone we came in contact with was very professional and helpful. Food: I realize this is very subjective. I thought the food in the Horizon Court was very good for a buffet. Lots of selection and the hot foods were kept hot. The only negative was that midway through the cruise, Noro Virus appeared on the ship, so as part of the precaution, food had to be served in the Horizon Court by staff. All this really did is slow the process down, but I really did not mind. We did eat in Sabbatini's and I thought the atmosphere was delightful, the staff most hospitable, and the food was good, not great. I probably would not pay the cover on this restaurant again. I had a different feel in the Crown Grill. I thought the food was very good and I would pay the money again to eat here. The only disappointing part of this cruise was the Main Dining Room, Botticelli. The food was mediocre at best and our wait staff was very slow. We were often show dessert menus five minutes before the next seating. Now, my favorite place was the International Cafe. I did buy a coffee card just for the brewed coffee. I loved the pastries and ate here almost every day. They also made wonderful sandwiches. Lastly, twice during the cruise, on sea days, the WheelHouse served pub lunches and we partook of the Fish and Chips. They were great! Shows/Entertainment: Two nights we saw the comedians, Phil Tag and Doug Funk. Both were great. One night we saw the Broadway production and it was okay. The Movies Under the Stars was a nice touch. Saw a movie in the morning by the pool and one evening. Disembarkation: This was a little slow to start, but then moved quickly. Overall, it was a great cruise and I would recommend this ship.
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BDB334
We had a balcony cabin that was ample for our needs. Yes, the bathroom was tiny, but adequate. Lots of storage space and space under the bed for suitcases.

Horseback Tour
My husband took the horseback riding on the beach that he loved. He did say that this excursion was not for the faint of heart.
This port was unfortunately not a good one for us as by the time we arrived at our clam shell, it was raining. We decided not to eat the BarBeQue in the rain, so we headed back to the ship.
Well, honestly, all I did here was shop which was great. I cannot speak for the beach, although I heard great things about Orient Beach..
Read 3,323 St. Maarten Reviews
Beach Break
We took the Megan' beach break with shopping. Had a nice couple of hours in Megan's Bay and then the transportation dropped us off in Charlotte to shop.
Published 03/07/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ruby Princess Review
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?