“Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Norwegian Spirit

goinginmarch Norwegian Spirit 4 Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean
goinginmarch
Member Since 2004
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Embarkation -not to bad considering they had 2000 people that included 500 spring breakers. Lines moved quickly and everyone was in a good mood. We just hung around the pool at the Sail Away barbecue and drank some Corona's and people watched. We went back to the room were happy to see all the luggage unpacked and went back out. Since we were up at 4am we did not make it long tonight. We would be ready for the Day at Sea.

Day at Sea - Since we had the 5 year old we hung around the kids pool. We had chairs. By 10am they were all gone. We stayed here until 2:30pm. Were able to see Cuba's mountains. We went to the Art auction. We did not buy anything. That night we ate Windows very good.

Cozumel - we arrived 30 minutes late. no big deal. We had decided to do the Dolphin Encounter. We did it through the cruise ship. The price included taxi both ways. After the encounter we stayed at the park on the beach until 5:30pm. very relaxing and family friendly. For some reason everyone had a different story even people with NCL why we left over 1 hour late. Ate at the Garden room. We went to the Galaxy and retired after a couple drinks. Went to bed ready for a great day at Grand Cayman if I only knew to would be cut by 3 hours.

Grand Cayman - total fiasco - combination of leaving Cozumel late and the ship running without 1 engine we arrived over 3 hours late. Numerous changes in peoples excursions. Not us just less time on the beach. Here we got a tender ticket and left on the 3rd tender - took a cab to the Hyatt walked to the beach and set up shop next door at the Beach Colony. Total squatter. We stayed until 5:45pm and got the tender at 6:15pm. Last one was at 6:30pm. Ate at the Garden room. My wife and I took turns at the Chocolate buffet.

Day at Sea - again back to the kids pool. Cloudy at first than the sun than clouds again. It was good. Went to the crew show it was funny. Dinner at the Garden Room. Also hit the 7:30pm show. We had the 5 year old up late tonight.

Leaving - smooth - got up early. It was amazing we were late to Cozumel, very late to the Caymans and early back to Miami. That is how it goes.

Good - ship decor, 98% of staff, room steward, main restaurants, entertainment, soda card Bad - shore excursion staff (at least all tell the same lie), casino waited me out for $1 that got stuck in the slot machine after waiting and talking to the slot attendant and 2 managers who kept saying somebody else will have to fill out the right paper work I left. Probably good because I was down $45. Never went back - so they saved me $$.

Norwegian Spirit Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Spirit Review
Norwegian Spirit Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?