Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by very dissapointed

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by very dissapointed
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Freedom
Member Name: very dissapointed
Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: 4B
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

VERY DISAPPOINTED
Boarding the ship went without hitch and everything seemed to be fine. We went to our state room which was what we would call a half hazard job on the cleaning and refreshing of our room. The luggage cover for our bed was in dis array, we did not have any shampoo. There was a rag left on our dresser (what the cruise line would call a coffee table).

The next day we received a knock on the door stating that we were smoking and the neighbors were complaining about the smell. We WERE NOT smoking and were told from Security that we were lying. The security personnel were VERY RUDE, and I was being VERY accommodating. He stated to us, along with 3 other associates that had accompanied him that my husband was using his spray deodorant to mask the smell. Is there something that I am missing? Can my husband not take a shower which he had done and use spray deodorant? What happens if I use my perfume? What hurts the most is we were told we were lying and he was quite blatant with that!! Felt there was nothing we could do to change their minds even when we allowed them to enter our room at any time without question the entire time we were on the ship Oh, I hesitate. There was a time on the second day that we had the "Snoozin" placard on our door and after the conversation with security; I saw them take the placard off of our door. Can we not have any privacy? This happened 3 times!!

Come to find out the people that were complaining were the ones that WERE SMOKING!!!! We found that out on the 5th day of the cruise when security knocked on our door at 2:00 AM demanding that we open the door and the person that kept logging the complaint opened his door at the same time and smoke came out of his room!! Needless to say, we never received an apology!!

Also, we were on Tortola and had a few drinks, we did not bother anyone and we went on the ship, went to our room and the next thing we knew, we could not drink on the ship for the rest of the cruise! I can understand if we were being rude, or even falling on ourselves getting on the ship or to our room, but we were not!! Oh, yeah, we were not the only ones this happened to.

They were even being rude to the handicapped people, stating that they had to go a specific way on the boat. They were not bothering anyone!

I wrote Carnival a 3 page letter stating exactly how I felt about our experience. Did not want to say anything while we were on the boat in fear that we would be kicked off at the next island...

Every person we talked to and let me tell you, there were a lot, were not satisfied with the food or security.

It felt like security had something to prove and we all felt that they should not have.

The food was the same every morning and the buffet was very boring and un- appetizing. The Dinner was just OK.

The staff seemed like they did not want to be there, and until this cruise everyone was nice and cordial.

The only thing that was nice was, we were finally not harrased after the 5th day on an 8 day cruise with the exception of them revoking our drinking privledge on the boat (did not matter)...since they found out who was creating the smoking problem.

I do not know what is going on with Carnival with the exception of all of the publicity, but I would think that if they would like to keep their customers they might want to make sure they are happy and comfortable all of the time. This was the most un-comfortable cruise I have ever been on and I have been on quite a few. I actually started cruising with Carnival when I was 16 and have not stopped. But this experience more than likely will be my last with Carnival.

Publication Date: 03/07/12