Crown Princess Cruise Review by lorenzod

Cruise Date: February 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: BD
Cabin Number: B632
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

What a wonderful cruise. Except for a few rough days at sea when they had water sloshing out of the pool(They jokingly announced that the ship had just installed a new wave pool) everything went smoothly. No Noro virus was noted and it seemed we all had fun. There were so many activities you actually had to make time to relax. The entertainment was good, but the comedy was outstanding. Seymour and Albert are not to be missed. (My husband wound up on stage with the comedy duo and they had fun teasing him that he looked just like Captain Kirk (William Shatner) and he does. Even in the Liar's Club they were hysterical. We enjoyed attending the backstage tour as well as the many trivia contests especially all the ones we were victorious in. We also thought the piano player in Crooners (Kory Simon) was a lot of fun and very talented. We enjoyed his Princess Theater performance as well. We attended the Weakest Link Game and I came in second place. I can't believe how nervous I was once I was on stage under those bright lights. I seemed to go brain dead. Besides being nervous I had difficulty hearing and understanding the British accent of the emcee. Somehow I knew everyone's answers but my own. I just froze. But my new best friend Maria, was the winner, despite the fact that she voted my husband off. My husband was victorious in the 50's and 60's Music Trivia and we went to our cabin with a bottle of Champagne. Our cabin stewardess Janice, surprised us that night with our cabin set with romantic lighting, 2 doves (made from towels) kissing backed by 2 balloons and a large plate of hand-dipped dark chocolate covered strawberries. We think she did this because we submitted a "You Made a Difference" card to honor all her hard work in keeping our cabin perfect and supplying us with what ever we needed in the cabin. We had a problem the first 2 days with an odor that Janice finally was able to remove from the room.

The Ports of Call were not that important to us. We just wanted to relax and meet people. I was in charge of arranging the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. We had lots of fun doing this and were able to meet and make so many new friends. As usual, Princess only supplied us with one pitcher of water. Unlike NCL who really goes out of their way to set up a nice table with danish, fruit, muffins, cookies, coffee and tea at no cost. NCL usually has about 6 or more department heads attend the Meet and Greets, arriving together and giving out their phone extensions to the cruisers in case their help is needed. They all give a speech telling who they are and what they do on the ship. Princess sent a few Managers to our Meet and Greet. All arrived late and individually. Most were busy doing other things and could not attend but we were pleased they did stop by.

The food on the ship was okay. The only meal we really enjoyed was the second formal night when they rolled out Lobster Tails and escargot. Oh they were so good. My husband really missed being able to get ice cream in the buffet. He would have to go out on deck and bring it back. I missed seeing hot chocolate at the buffet. Service in all the areas was good. Staff was always polite. We had first seating dining that worked out for us and when it interfered with the shows we ate in the buffet.

The gym was very nice with great views of the ocean while you exercise. Next to the gym was the Spa. We attended a class on how to give a massage and found it very helpful. The staff was very friendly and helpful

The Cruise Director, Lisa Ball and her staff, were very good. There were a few stars. Clinton and Alex from the cruise directors staff were our favorites.

Overall, we were very pleased with the Crown Prince, so much so that we purchased "Future Cruise Credits" to use next year.

Publication Date: 03/07/12