Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Lady Anna & Sir Troy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Lady Anna & Sir Troy
Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: Lady Anna & Sir Troy
Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fantastic Trip on the Pearl!
Balcony Stateroom: Really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony and watching the water part in front of the ship and make beautiful swirls of light blue against the deep blue sea. So calming and relaxing to watch for a half hour before we went to bed each night. The bed was plenty large enough for two and was quite comfortable to sink into, while still being firm enough that you didn't get stiff. Loved lounging in the bed late on days we weren't in port, just listening to the waves crash against the ship outside. I loved all the nooks and crannies in the "wardrobe" area that perfectly fit all our stuff. We found the room to be a little small (like all cruise staterooms but suites), and sent away our coffeemaker and extra chair inside the cabin to make room. It was perfect after that. The shower head (Grohe) was really nice with two different settings and provided consistent pressure and easily adjustable temperature. I enjoyed running the warm water on spray to relax, and then cooling off to the "pressure" jets. The bathroom is large enough but has a separate door for the toilet which has pros and cons - con - hard to squeeze in for larger people - pro - you can both be in the bathroom if you need to with privacy.

Food: We found the main dining rooms to be good, with excellent food in the specialty restaurants. We tried Le Bistro (French - $14pp) , Moderno's (Brazillian All-You-Can-Eat Meat - $19pp), Cagney's (Steakhouse - $19pp) , and the Lotus Garden (Asian - $4 per specialty roll) for Sushi. For the quality food we got, it was a fantastic deal. At Cagney's I started with a double order of large shrimp cocktail. Then came the main course which was filet mignon and the meat practically melted with flavor into my mouth - delicious! At Moderno's the lamb was so good my husband almost started crying. We went back a second time and I continued to enjoy the lamb and the best cut of sirloin (pichna?) that had so much flavor and spice oozing through the meat that I was in heaven with every bite. Our waiter at Moderno's constantly asked what meat we wanted next and steered the choicest cuts to our plates. As always, the coveted chocolate buffet was to die for.

Spa: My favorite place - the spa. I got a week's spa pass for 7 days for $119. I used every penny of it. So hear was my typical after port day. I enter warm waters of the thlassotherapy pool and begin relaxing on the lounge area with the water swaying and billowing serenely around my body. I move to the high pressure shower to relax my arms, neck, and shoulders. Then I hit the leg jets and steadied myself on the rail while they soothed away the aches in my feet, calves, and thigh muscles. Next - I hit the "hot" hot tub where water swirls around and jets ease the pain in my lower back. Now that I'm heated up and pulverized I make my way to the cold plunge pool and quickly dip in. Brrrr! However, when I go to the steam room next my body is feeling almost completely relaxed. One more dip in the cold plunge pool and I'm off to the heated tile lounger. There I lay down and "cocoon" myself in a couple of towles. The growing heat from the tiles completely relaxes any tension left and I'm in temporary euphoria with all the world's (or at least my) troubles melted away.

Entertainment: The comedians, as always, were fantastic and very funny. NCL does a great job at picking good acts. The dancers and singers were incredible. I loved the different sets they did, especially Mama Mia and Fever. We already saw the juggler and the act was enough of the same that I didn't appreciate it as much as I would have some great acrobatics. They had a great variety of games in the casino that we enjoyed. The Newlywed/Not So Newlywed show was hilarious - but I can't tell you about that - what happens on the ship stays on the ship.

Ports of Call: We really enjoyed our ports of call this time. In Jamaica, we did Peat Taylor to Coyaba Water Gardens and Irie Blue Hole and our private group of 5 enjoyed every minute of it! At Grand Cayman we chose Nativeway tours who was spot on with seeing Stingray City, the Coral Gardens, and holding some starfish quick before throwing them back in the Ocean. At Cozumel we taxied to the La Cuchina next door to Papa Hogs and across from the Villablanca. We enjoyed excellent snorkeling, cheap drinks ($2/beer, $3 for a LARGE Daquiri or Margarita), and nice lounge chair which were shared with only a dozen other people instead of 100+ like most beach clubs.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy a great time on the Pearl too!

Publication Date: 03/07/12