Norwegian Gem 5

Cruise review of Norwegian Gem

geepers
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

From the beginning it was clear the crew of the Gem were serious about service.

Because of a physical need, we had a prearranged agreement with a subcontractor for a recliner to be delivered to the cabin. The chair was delivered but problems arose getting through the cabin door and crowding. Although it was not the responsibility of NCL to accommodate this arrangement they stepped up and made it work so that I would be comfortable on my vacation. The Gem's Executive Housekeeper was personally involved in making this happen and Elwynn the Special Groups coordinator kept me informed at all times. Rather than being "put out" by the extra work, both greeted us by name with a friendly smile whenever they saw us throughout our cruise.

Loey our Cabin Steward was excellent. Our cabin was made up in the morning and turned down each night like magic. We didn't know when it was done, only that it was. He always had a ready smile and friendly greeting when we saw him in the More corridor.

The dining staff were always friendly and helpful and the greeter who met you at the entrance with the spray of hand sanitizer spoke to every person. Service could not have been better.

If I was to suggest anything it would be to update the decor in the public areas ie. Great Outdoors and Garden Cafe. I did notice that the large arrangements of greenery and plants were faded and tired. Everything was very clean and tidy just time to update. Less

Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Bahamas

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Published 03/07/12

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review

Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?