Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by momofteens3

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by momofteens3
Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: momofteens3
Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: D8
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Oasis of the Seas - One Large Ship!
This was our third cruise and I have to say once you go to this big of a ship I cannot ever see going back to something smaller.

Embarkation: Relatively easy for most, but for some reason our checkout person's computer was not working correctly, so it took an additional ten minutes or so, but relatively easy for all.

The ship itself was very clean and of course new. Our stateroom was very nice. No issues at all with anything. Great view and balcony. Loved the convenience of the TV in the room with everything on it as to things that are going on in the ship and specials occurring. Our cabin steward was very nice and were no problems.

There were so many things to do on board. The night life was great. Boleros- Latin dance club was fun, but smokey at times, we sat near the entrance. They had a karaoke bar that we visited once and was fun. Dazzles night club always had something going on and the band there was always great. They had functions a couple of nights going on in the Promenade, but did not always catch all of them. The boardwalk area was very nice and had a great outdoor theater. We only saw one show, the Oasis of the Seas, which was about 30 minutes and very incredible for a cruise ship. I would definitely see this one. Central Park was amazing for a cruise ship. Mostly in this area was pay for restaurants not included.

We did not go to any of the restaurants that you had to pay for. We went to the main dining room every night except for one. I have to say the food was fine, not great, not bad, just okay. I mean it is better than anything that I make at home, so it was worth going every night! I have been on another Royal Carribean ship and felt the same way about that too, not just because this is the biggest ship. The Carnival Pride ship that we have been on in the past blew us away with their food for dinner, this ship does not compare to that one. However, that being said, dinner was still pretty decent, just a lot of strange things to pick from. Breakfast and lunches were good at the Windjammer Buffet. The one down side is finding nonalcoholic drinks on the ship. I do not drink alcohol all day long and I am not a big soda person, so this was a downside for me. I would have liked to have seen some machines closer to pool side to get a lemonade/iced tea.

There were always lounge chairs to pick from. The solarium for adults was very relaxing to read a book and get in the hot tub. Lots of entertainment to do during the ship days on board by the pool. Awesome ship, awesome time. My only real complaint is I had a hard time enjoying my balcony because the people next to us were smokers. I could never leave my balcony door open and found it difficult to find a time when it was smoke-free outside. I feel like the ship should have maybe one side of the boat (cabins) that is specifically for smokers. They should be able to smoke on their balcony, but I should be able to be able to enjoy mine also, so maybe there could be some solution to this problem.

Publication Date: 03/06/12