Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by 1sttimestarboard

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by 1sttimestarboard
Freedom of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Member Name: 1sttimestarboard
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: G

First Time on a Cruise and debating if we will go again?
We have friends that cruise all the time and they all have good things and bad things to say about their experiences. We were recommended Royal Caribbean for a better experience.

Our arrival was uneventful and fast. We arrived around 2:30 that afternoon so there was no big line up to go through. We found our stateroom and right away was greeted by our stateroom attendant with a big welcome. I have nothing but good things to say about his service. Our room was cleaned promptly and thoroughly morning and evening. He was very friendly and helpful for us first timers.

We had my time dining. I pre-reserved our times around show times that I booked online. We sat at the same table every night on deck 5 galileo. Our waiter and assistant waiter were great. The food was good most nights.

My biggest complaint is that the ship was overcrowded. On sea days the pool decks were packed and you had to dodge people and chairs constantly. We tried to sit at the adults only side to escape the noise and congestion but people save their seats with towels hours before they are even ready to sit by the pool. This should not be allowed. One group of 6 people (3 couples) saved 6 chairs in the sun and 6 chairs in the shade to go back and forth to. I found this very rude and disrespectful for others who would have liked a place to sit.

I found many rude people like that. You try and leave the elevator and the people barge into it before anyone has a chance to leave to make room for oncoming people, stuff like that.

Lineups to leave the boat, lineups to get back on. Line ups to eat at the buffet, lineups to get a cup of coffee......get the picture. We felt like cows being herded. And a lot of people pushing to get to a front of a line. Not my idea of a relaxing vacation.

We did enjoy the days off the ship in St. Thomas and St. Martin.

We have not decided if we will cruise again? We might try another line to compare or maybe a smaller ship hoping it will be less crowded??

Just did not enjoy the crowds, up-charges on everything, and the rudeness. Was not my best vacation but not the worst.

Publication Date: 03/06/12