Disney Dream Cruise Review by isaiahkim17

13-15 2.0
        16+ 1.0

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
DISNEY DREAM OK
Overall I had a great vacation it's hard not to in the setting alone. I am going to list positives and negatives to make it easy to follow.

Positives -

teen center-amazing for my 3 teens

ocean room-for my 4 year great

the show believe -must see

room service around the clock free-everyone loved it

late night food great, lunch buffet and little stations of food late at night great.

clean

great room, great service, friendly staff, lots included

mattress you will sleep like a baby, ocean rooms peaceful and love it.

house keeping is wonderful

the look of everything was amazing feels like the titanic

kids liked the aquaducked

big screen tv outside

easy boarding

bringing your bags to and from for you is great

Negatives -

ages 9-13 really have a crappy deal on this ship. amazing amazing teen room started at age 14 and went to 17. Then a seperate room for 12 and 13 this room is a joke. Not even my 10 year old was interested in this joke of a room. I felt sad for him. So he was in the young kid room that my 4 year old loved. It really is not close to being age appropriate for older than 9 at the highest and kids up to age 11 go in there. It just isn't right for those kids. This is a big issue and if your going and stuck in the position of having kids in this age do not show your younger kids the teen room because they will be crushed when they see The Edge room. I also have 2 13 year olds and I got them into the teen room and all I had to do was ask. so ask and you will get.

Dinner food really wasn't good. The breakfast buffet was good the first 2 days then a bit old when everyday the same thing.

shocked that the nightime entertainment for adult was non existant and the bars and areas all empty. I expected these wonderful shows, non stop great movies and comedians or special events. They had bingo, a comedian music guy which was good but not anywhere near what you would expect on a cruise. I went to Bahamas on my honeymoon and they had great entertainment everywhere so I expected this to be even better. But really nothing much for adults besides places to sit and drink, a pool and jacuzzi and the $300 massages for 2 people for 50 minutes.

The kid pools were not enough for the amount of kids. It was like bathing together and you could see the discolor from to many people. There was not enough space or chairs or pool area for all those kids. The yellow waterslide was great and not a long line.

The elevators are full much of the time so the stairs were our best friend. Got our exercise. Waiting for elevators could take so long it was annoying when running down for a timed dinner.

The price of tips expected is crazy high. $16 per person and I was with 7 people and there was 5 people you needed to tip that amount to not including the drinks, room service and everything for the most part. Big families can spend a lot of money on the tipping amount. Disney needs to pay more to their staff instead of making us pay that too after the expense of their priced cruises.

Worst day was the last day. I wake up to a bang on the door at 6:30AM, loud announcements over and over started at 7AM to get off the boat. The night before you pack everything and leave outside your door and they take it so you can't forget anything or it's not with you. Like remember day 1 your bags get taken around 1230 and brought to your room around 5 so have some things aside. Anyway, this throwing people off the ship when they are half asleep with the startling blaring announcments was a very depressing way to leave to experience. I felt like why bother have even sleeping there that night with how grumpy everyone was. The teen center is open until 330 that night before then kids up at 630. Well that worked out well nope. I wanted them to have fun in the rooms but I strongly disagree with there toss you off the boat at sunrise. They say 9 we planned on 9. We missed breakfast because you have to eat by 6:50 or you don't eat so another expense we had to pay for after leaving the ship. They need at least a noon depart time this is to early and happens over to short a time so your stuck outside with hundreds of cars picking people up. it was not appealing at all and made me upset.

Again, the trip was fun had a good time, my kids had fun but it was not what I was expecting. I expected more and I think we would have had a better time on another cruiseline. This just was so much more money and for what I have yet to figure out. The teen room yes wonderful but enough pros to pay that kind of money not sure. It is a great family trip where kids can do there thing and adults there things which it's nice to have adult time, but just not enough things to do when you have the time and that lapse in fun age rooms for 9-12 year olds or 9-13.

Publication Date: 03/06/12