Rotterdam Cruise Review by pam vessels

Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: DA
See More About: Rotterdam Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Rotterdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Rotterdam Deck Plans
A grand adventure
My partner and I just returned from the 30 day Incan trip to Lima, Peru. Here are my musings on this trip,

We have sailed on Holland many times and it was not our first time on the Rotterdam. The ship on this trip was on code red at least 3 times and on the preceding cruise had many folks down with upper respiritory problems. We were luck and did not get sick. Many also reported reactions to the cleaning materials used to keep the various illnesses at bay.

Our cabin was 2643. Our cabin was large and in good shape.

I know that on our floor there were "wet cabins" due to flooding. We had no such trouble. Thank goodness,

The food in the Lido was great. It seemed to us that very few people ate in the main dining room. The service in the main dining room was very slow but the food was good.

The shows in the evening were on a scale from 2-10. I personally loved the aft concerts and the oscar night party on the aft deck was great.

We are a senior couple but honestly I have never seen so many elderly, barely able to get around people on a cruise. The average age on this trip was 72 but I really felt sorry for some of the cruisers. It must have been very difficult for them.

This is the first time I have ever done this review thing so hope I am doing it right.

Overall it was an ok cruise. The crew and the cruisers were all under lots of stress due to the illnesses of so many people. We will cruise on Holland again but hope that next time we are on a healthy ship with at least a few younger folks to balance the activity level. Oh, yes one more small but annoying thing. Holland has got to do something about the awful kleenexes they use. They are small and a waste of time. Bring your own... Until the next time.....aloha pam

Publication Date: 03/06/12