Rotterdam Cruise Review by pam vessels: A grand adventure

A grand adventure

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: San Diego

My partner and I just returned from the 30 day Incan trip to Lima, Peru. Here are my musings on this trip,

We have sailed on Holland many times and it was not our first time on the Rotterdam. The ship on this trip was on code red at least 3 times and on the preceding cruise had many folks down with upper respiritory problems. We were luck and did not get sick. Many also reported reactions to the cleaning materials used to keep the various illnesses at bay.

Our cabin was 2643. Our cabin was large and in good shape.

I know that on our floor there were "wet cabins" due to flooding. We had no such trouble. Thank goodness,

The food in the Lido was great. It seemed to us that very few people ate in the main dining room. The service in the main dining room was very slow but the food was good.

The shows in the evening were on a scale from 2-10. I personally loved the aft concerts and the oscar night party on the aft deck was great.

We More are a senior couple but honestly I have never seen so many elderly, barely able to get around people on a cruise. The average age on this trip was 72 but I really felt sorry for some of the cruisers. It must have been very difficult for them.

This is the first time I have ever done this review thing so hope I am doing it right.

Overall it was an ok cruise. The crew and the cruisers were all under lots of stress due to the illnesses of so many people. We will cruise on Holland again but hope that next time we are on a healthy ship with at least a few younger folks to balance the activity level. Oh, yes one more small but annoying thing. Holland has got to do something about the awful kleenexes they use. They are small and a waste of time. Bring your own... Until the next time.....aloha pam Less

Read more Rotterdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rotterdam Review >>

Cabin review: Rotterdam Large Oceanview Stateroom Main

Our cabin was 2643. It was large and comfortable. It was a quiet retreat in a good location.

We have done the wilderness experience and loved it. This time we just walked around and had a nice meal and some beers on shore.

We love this port. We walked around the town and had a wonderful meal at a local cafe.

(2)
We were late getting into the port due to fog so no one got to go to Machu Pichu. The port is in a really bad part of town. We went into Lima and had a nice day but it was really hot and miserable,
Read 23 Lima Reviews

Turtle Farm

(5)
Loved it. The turtle experience was great. the food was great.

We walked over to Wal Mart and purchased some needed items. We have done this port many times and in the past went to the Tequila factory. That was fun,

Island Tour

(5)
WE liked the ride to the mangrove place and we thought our guide was great. We saw lots of wild life. The train ride was good too. It was a great day make even better by our guide.