MSC Poesia Cruise Review by havnfunmis

Member Name: havnfunmis
Cruise Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
DO NOT CRUISE ON THIS SHIP!!
The ship itself is beautiful - we were thrilled at first! Our MSC Poesia room (we upgraded to Outside Balcony) was nice for a cruise ship. Our "Butlers" were fantastic!! So nice and attentive - my sister was even sick one day and they made her bed 2 -3 times that day. Unfortunately, that is the ONLY thing I can say was good on this ship (aside from Donny and Marie on it).

The food was TERRIBLE - the first night I tried to cut my medium well steak and it was leather. Our waiter could not understand us and he literally argued with us the whole time we were there (and the others in my table too). If we asked for Iced tea - BOYYYY - did we get a look. If we asked for a sauce - or anything else- BOYYYY - did we feel we "put him out". Service was SLOW and very bad. Also-There were no hot dishes/food offered after 9:30pm- so too bad if you liked to stay up late and wanted a slice of pizza or anything besides cold sandwiches from room service or the "late night buffet" of tuna or ham sandwiches, salad and a hard brownie.. I thought people went on cruises FOR the food??? I guess time are a changin:) LOL. We really tried to like some stuff and be positive because we really aren't complainers...we tried...

My sister was sick and had to go to the infimary- again- BOYYYYYYY- did we put that Dr out for being sick!!! He was rude and just gave her meds w/o ANY reason or indication of what she had. I finally had to ask and he snapped "What??" Like, what do you want? Unbelievable!! However, we found that that was indicative of most of the service onboard. (not all- some were good, of course). But MOST service in generalon this cruise was rude and NEVER had accurate information. I can not tell you how many times we were lost or late or didn't have what we needed because the service and crew had no idea. They absolutely can NOT speak English - and again- we are VERY caring, understanding people.... I try to think of how hard it must be to work on the cruise from differnt countries and how hard they have to work...BUT - This one really missed the mark- I have never seen anything like it! I also never write reviews but I vowed I wouldn't let anyone else on this ship without letting them know what to expect... (basically- nothing:). Sorry - run don't walk from this cruiseline!!!

Publication Date: 03/06/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by havnfunmis
More MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews