Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Maddie2012: HERE'S TO THE CREW!!!

Maddie2012
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruises

HERE'S TO THE CREW!!!

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Other

I booked my cruise with the help of travel agent Derrick at American Express. I was able to use some points towards the cost and paid the balance using our platinum card. AMEX had a special that when booking certain cruises you also got a 7 day inclusive resort stay in Cabo San Lucas in a Jr. Suite. We got champagne and dinner for two in one of the specialty restaurants on the ship also for using the platinum card. What a bonus!

We cruised out of Cape Liberty New Jersey. Parked and on the ship in 35 minutes. Went straight to our state room, dropped our carry-ons and went to the Oceanview Cafe for the buffet. We booked a special deal massage and ended up sitting in the very front of the ship, deck 12 in the relaxation room while leaving New York Harbor with the sun setting. OMG it was one of those surreal, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. No one else in the room but us and Zen music playing.

The crew made our cruise memorable in many different ways. From our room More steward Glory to our 8:30 PM, table 222 waiters, the casino workers, the most awesome Martini Bar in the world with the best show on the ship....to the shopping. My husband bought me a beautiful diamond and Alexandrite ring from Steve on board. We also took part in their fashion show which was a hoot. The jewelry is stunning and staff so knowledgeable.

We were surprised with an invitation to the captains table from Captains Club Hostess Donnette. What a beautiful person to represent!!! We sat with 3 of the most fascinating couples and OMM Brad and Fine Jewelry Mgr Jordan. Again, a once-in-a-lifetime. Can you stand it???Loved our cabin. The cabin was 192sq feet with a 58 square foot balcony. Nice balcony furnture. The bathroom was large for this state room category. I loved it. Bed was a queen and comfortable. Wished for a little more storage.

Dinner in the main dining room in the evening was very good. The stuffed lobster was favorite. Murano and Tuscan were both outstanding food and service.

Pools were good. Always plenty of clean towels and empty chairs. They often came around with iced face towels. Also a little tent outside on the pier would have cold drinks and iced face towels for you before returning to the ship after a long hard day at an island beach.

Each port day would arrive with clean plush beach towels in our cabin for us to use and bring back for new ones. Also, a beach bag left on our bed came in quite hand.

Laundry service was prompt and perfect.

The ship herself was beautiful, sleek and took us through was rough water with no problems at all. Thank you Captain! Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Continental Deck (6) 7354

Need more drawer space. Big really awesome bathroom. Nice balcony with nice furnture. Too far from stairs.

Took a cab to the Nest. A little restaurant on a family beach with the best massage experience on a beach. When the cab brings you to the beach you will be greeted by the beach keeper. You must rent chairs. They have beach service and a restaurant. Also tucked in the corner of the beach is a massage cabana with the expert service of Pam. When you get to the beach reserve your time. She charged of $60 and my husband and I each had 45 minute massages.
Read 796 Antigua Reviews

We rode the alpine coaster. Good deal. Dragons Flight too expensive. Food not the best. Love the place though. It is beautiful and landscaping is very nice. The private cabanas look cool and maybe the food is better??
Read 355 Labadee Reviews

Just not a fan of San Juan itself. I have walked around the shops many times. The Ralph Lauren shop is a good deal. Restaurants good as well as the bars. I went ATVing in the rain forest once. The odd hours in port make it hard to do a beach type day.
Read 1353 San Juan Reviews

Not very clean and not good snorkeling despite everyone telling me Buck Island was wonderful. NOT!!!

Rented a jeep right on the pier(at the end to the right) from Hertz. It ran about $105 for the day. Easy island to get around. We went to Orient Beach and rented chairs for a couple hours then drove to Friars bay Beach for the best meal of the cruise. We had grilled lobster and ribs with jerk sauce. Driving and exploring on our own was great.

Snorkeling