Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by Breezie68: Enjoyed my time on the Destiny

Breezie68
Member Since 2008

Enjoyed my time on the Destiny

Sail Date: March 2012

Despite the bad weather on the last few days, I had an awesome time on the Destiny.
There was plenty to do at all times.

Embarkation was quick and easy. I was at the port at 9:30, got zone one boarding. They started boarding by 11:30, and I was on the ship by 11:45.

I stayed in a lido deck cabin (interior) and I had no problems at all. I did feel a lot of motion w/ the 50 knot winds though!

The ship was clean. I wasn't a huge fan of the lay out (had a heck of a time finding my dining room on the first night).

The pools were freezing, and the hot tubs were cool as well.

Food was anywhere from good to excellent. The formal night was Key West night. There was a late night deck party and Mexican buffet on Cozumel night.

My cabin steward Robert was the best.

My waiter was also excellent! I enjoyed the singing and dancing.

I highly suggest the Key West Pub Crawl and the Dunebuggy and Snorkel in Punta Sur. I enjoyed both More very much.

Debarkation was easy. Once my zone 3 was called, I was off the ship in 5 min. No lines at all! Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Interior Lido 9102

large cabin, quiet location.

Dune Buggy

(5.5)
AMAZING time with the Dune Buggy and Snorkel. The weather was bad, so we were unable to go to Punta Sur to snorkel, so we went to Chakhanabb instead. Great snorkeling. Good lunch, and had a blast driving the dune buggies. The dune buggy is a stick, and holds 4 people. I joined a group of 3 ladies. The guides were excellent and spoke English very well. I will absolutely do this again once I get there.

Pub Crawl

(5.5)
BEAU was my "leader" and he gave us an excellent tour of Key West. I LOVED this excursion! I will certainly book it again.