“Enjoyed my time on the Destiny”
Cruise review of Carnival Destiny

Breezie68 Carnival Destiny 5 Enjoyed my time on the Destiny
Breezie68
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Despite the bad weather on the last few days, I had an awesome time on the Destiny. There was plenty to do at all times. Embarkation was quick and easy. I was at the port at 9:30, got zone one boarding. They started boarding by 11:30, and I was on the ship by 11:45. I stayed in a lido deck cabin (interior) and I had no problems at all. I did feel a lot of motion w/ the 50 knot winds though! The ship was clean. I wasn't a huge fan of the lay out (had a heck of a time finding my dining room on the first night). The pools were freezing, and the hot tubs were cool as well. Food was anywhere from good to excellent. The formal night was Key West night. There was a late night deck party and Mexican buffet on Cozumel night. My cabin steward Robert was the best. My waiter was also excellent! I enjoyed the singing and dancing. I highly suggest the Key West Pub Crawl and the Dunebuggy and Snorkel in Punta Sur. I enjoyed both very much. Debarkation was easy. Once my zone 3 was called, I was off the ship in 5 min. No lines at all!
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

Dune Buggy
AMAZING time with the Dune Buggy and Snorkel. The weather was bad, so we were unable to go to Punta Sur to snorkel, so we went to Chakhanabb instead. Great snorkeling. Good lunch, and had a blast driving the dune buggies. The dune buggy is a stick, and holds 4 people. I joined a group of 3 ladies. The guides were excellent and spoke English very well. I will absolutely do this again once I get there.
Pub Crawl
BEAU was my "leader" and he gave us an excellent tour of Key West. I LOVED this excursion! I will certainly book it again.
Published 03/06/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Destiny Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?