Grand Princess Cruise Review by Klloomis

Cruise Date: February 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: L251
See More About: Grand Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Grand Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Grand Princess Deck Plans
Grand Princess Southern Caribbean
We took our first cruise Mid-February 2012. Must say, it was very nice.

Our cabin was nice. We were on the Lido deck. I was really nervous about being so high and potentially getting seasick, but had no problems. We were really convenient to the pools, the gym and the buffet. Our room was nice appointed and our cabin attendant was diligent in keeping the room neat and tidy. Every time we left the room he was refreshing towels/soaps/straightening the bed.

All the staff were extremely friendly and would chat with you (if they had a lull in their work schedule). I found it fun to speak with folks from all over the world and hear of their experiences. We're not exactly world travelers, so this was a nice novelty for us.

My husband's highlight of the trip were the art auctions. We didn't buy anything, but he liked to listen to the history of the works of art and about the artists.

We couldn't tender at Princess Cays because of weather, but Curacao was lovely. We took the walking tour excursion and then did a bit of shopping and had a nice lunch at a cafe in the town square. At Aruba we did a beach excursion and island tour. Also very nice.

Overall, I was satisfied with the ship, the cleanliness and the staff. Being a first time cruiser, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I definitely enjoyed the experience and the lovely people I met.

Publication Date: 03/06/12