Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by yanksgirlinfl: Enjoyed our cruise...

yanksgirlinfl
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

Enjoyed our cruise...

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We recently took a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas for our anniversary.

When we arrived at the port, things went smoothly. No waiting in long lines. Our cabin was ready about 1:15pm.

The cabin was clean and neat. Only flaw I found was a crack on the plastic bathroom floor that pinched the bottom of my foot the 1st evening while we were getting ready for dinner. My husband had the room attendant put tape over it for a quick fix. Our cabin remained cleaned and well taken care of during the entire cruise. Ice and towels were always there fresh when we returned to the cabin. The view from our extended aft cabin was amazing! I can't stop raving about the balcony view! This made our entire trip!

The 1st evening in the MDR we sat with 3 other couples; we had requested a table for 2 but they couldn't accommodate us until the next day. Not that we are antisocial, we just wanted to enjoy our conversations and be 100% relaxed.
Our servers in the MDR were fantastic!!! More Michal and Jose remembered every detail!! The food was mediocre, nothing spectacular. The food could have been served hotter! The lido decks buffets were sloppy and seemed dirty to me during the entire cruise, we did not eat there at all. We did eat at the Seaview buffet when we first arrived on the ship, but that was the only time. My husband said the pizza guy was stingy...lol...He went for a snack on the 2 days we were in port after we came back from our excursions, and the guy would not give him more then 1 piece of pizza at a time (He only wanted 2 pieces). We had 2 amazing meals while on the cruise, #1 being at a fresh seafood stand in the Port Lucaya Market place- $15 for 2 fresh fried lobster tails and conch fritters that were AMAZING. #2 being at the Chef's Table on the last evening of our cruise- It was well worth the $75 per person! The wine, the service, the information, and creativity of the chef and his team was outstanding!

The casino was clean and inviting! I won a few hundred dollars!

The comedian did not give a stellar performance in the comedy club. We sat back and laughed at how awful he was and how he was stumbling over his own act. We did not see any other shows.

The ship is a bit older, but it was a hoot laughing at the "80's theme".

Freeport- dull and boring port, not much happening here! Plan on doing an excursion in this port! Freeport is not what it once was in the 80's and 90's!

Nassau- There is much more to do in this port but, beware you will be badgered by every hair lady and taxi driver for your business!

I would take a Carnival Cruise again...maybe a bit of a longer cruise and a cruise that does not go to the Bahamas. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation U230

The view from our cabin was amazing! The cabin was super clean! With the cabin being at the back of the ship, you did not have alot of traffic in the hallway, and did not hear alot of noise coming from the hallways and it made it very peaceful!