Pride of America Cruise Review by 1sttimenclcruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Pride of America Cruise Review by 1sttimenclcruiser
Pride of America
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: B1
Entertainment Not Rated

NCL Pride of America February 2012
This ship is like no other ship I've ever been on. The motif is not what I expected but was pleasing to the eye. We did not enjoy any of the entertainment while on the ship, by this I mean that we did not par take, but did hear from several people that the shows were very well done. Since this ship is in port everyday you don't really spend a lot of time on the ship. At least we didn't. I really liked getting off the ship everyday but it was very different than any other cruise I've been on, not in a bad way but a good way.

The ship does sway more than any other ship I've been on. They say it due to all the balconies. Our room was a large balcony on the back of the ship and due to this we swayed head to toe in bed instead of side to side. It was very different and I had a hard time sleeping the first night.

The food in the "Free" restaurants was decent, but the fee based restaurants were fantastic and well worth the money. I would consider Jefferson's Bistro to be equal to a 4 start restaurant. I would rate them in the following order: Jefferson's Bistro, East Meets West, Little Italy, Lazy J's, Skyline, Aloha Cafe, and then the Cadillac Grill.

All the staff on the ship seems to be American so that is different too. They were all very friendly and responsive to any issues we had.

The thing to remember is that it is your vacation and it will only be as good as you make it. Don't depend on the ship and it's personnel to make your vacation for you. I think the more you plan ahead the better you will enjoy your vacation. Be laid back and enjoy your time. Hawaii is beautiful. DON'T LOOK FOR THINGS to complain about and you will have a wonderful time.

Publication Date: 03/05/12