Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by mommom1: Just back from NCL Jewel-Great time!

mommom1
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Bahamas Cruises

Just back from NCL Jewel-Great time!

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My husband and I just got off our 7 day cruise on the Jewel, it was really fun and a really relaxing cruise. Our cabin was wonderful we had the owners suite 10004 and our butler Totaram was very good if we needed anything we just had to call. Romeo our room steward was great anything we needed he had for us the room was very clean. I had heard some bad things before going on this cruise but was pleasantly surprised the whole crew were great. I had 3 Spa treatments and Barbara who did them was very good. Ryan our concierge was very attentive to our needs even called us when he had not seen us in a day. Richard the cruise director was everywhere he was so nice and always stopped to talk to people. We also got to meet Brian the hotel manager and Capt. Lars both men were very nice and really took time to talk to people. I put together the meet and greet for this cruise and Rachelle the group organizer was very helpful and nice. One bar waiter at the casino was very good his name More is Abin Antony, always smiling and making you feel good. The last people were the washy washy girls at the buffet wonderful girls.

Food was very good normal cruise food, we ate at the two main dinning rooms and 3 specialty restaurants. Tangos was ok my food was good but my husband got meat that was not chewable. Mamas was very good. And Cagney's was very good for dinner and breakfast. Cabin was a joy clean, had lots of room. The haven for suites is a wonderful place very relaxing. We did our own thing at ports so no excursions. The children were always being entertained so they were great good programs for them. Overall one of our best crises, clean, organized, crew was friendly and neat, well run ship.

Beside the meat in Tangos only one other issue and don't know how they can solve it. The smoke in the Casino was awful need better ventilation. But the casino was fun and staff was great.
Last thing the entertainment on this ship is top notch very enjoyable.
In closing I would do this ship again, very nice ship and cruise. Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel 10004

Great cabin, lots of perks, lots of space. 2 balconies, very quiet. Love it.

I would give 5+ after work is done should be even better. We got nice beach chairs in good location. BBQ was very good a lot of choices. I went snorkeling and if you go by the small island just off shore the fish are so great. Got great pictures and saw some neat fish and coral. Good time.

We went to the Hilton near the port. It was reasonable in price and you got to use whole beach chairs and pool area. And got a food credit. Very nice relaxing. And still had time to shop a little.
Read 2607 Nassau Reviews

We stayed on ship this trip, but have been to this port. Not much to do unless you go into Orlando to the Parks. CoCo beach is ok for some shopping.