“Disappointing cruise”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We were 13 friends traveling together and chose Rccl Navigator of the Seas because one of the couples is a platinum member. I have been on approximately 12 Rccl cruises in the Caribbean and Europe and the experiences have been spotty at best. This was not one our best experiences. As a whole 11 of the 13 were very and 2 somewhat disappointed.

The ship looked and felt dirty. The carpets pretty much everywhere, chairs in the dining room and casino were dirty and worn. Our cabin furniture was soiled. Our friends with the Grand Suite had a sofa with soil and armrests that were dirty. The Grand suite toilet broke. Our other friends in a junior suite had no air. Rccl's anwser to that problem was a box fan. NOT KIDDING.

The food was mediocre at best. The service was great. Our waiter was really very attentive. The ports were ok although we did not like our 5 hour stay in Puerto Rico and our WHOLE day at the Rccl Labardee port. Five of us went down the Zip line which was fun and then nothing else interesting to do. We had to be back on board from Labardee at 4:30 but everything was dismantled and put back on board the ship by 2:30, it's a rip off.

The shows were ok, the comedian, last name Rogers was really good. The ice show was good but hasn't changed. We are all seasoned cruisers and this was voted our worse cruise. We usually go as a group and it's been decided we will try Princess next. Were pretty much done with Rccl. The brand is not what it use to be. There are to many choices to settle for poor, quality.

Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Promenade Stateroom

PR6281
Our cabin was 6281. The room looks old and weathered. The furniture is soiled, the shower head kept falling off of the holder. Part of the garbage can under the sink was chipped and rusty. I walked around the cabin with my socks on and they were always black when I took them off. The window looking out onto the promenade was dirty in between the 2 pains of glass.

Port

This island belongs to Rccl and they like you to spend the day there spending money on their island and they probably don't have to pay docking fees. It is in my opinion a rip off. We were 13 people and we had little say in the itinerary. It was not good. The zip line was good but not great. The one I did in Costa Rica and Jamaica were better.

Read 850 Labadee Reviews
Port

There is a lot to see in the way of nature. The forest, beaches, shops, food, and historical sights are all great. We have flown in and spent a week there it could have stayed longer. The people are friendly and it's has great night life. I have always felt safe there. We probably have been there 15 to 20 times. I recommend it highly.

Read 2,274 San Juan Reviews
Port

There is nothing to see of any consequence. The island is pretty but that's about it. You can venture out from the store area but you do so at your own risk. We have gone out into the town but find it unfriendly to tourists. Be careful buying "duty free" because it is not the same at on the ship. I don't know why but we had to pay duty on some cigarettes that were suppose to be no tax.

Read 1,042 St. Kitts Reviews

We have been to this port probably 10 times and always find both the French and Dutch sides very good. Food in my opinion is better on the French side. Less people and more choices. Lots to see, great beaches.

Read 3,322 St. Maarten Reviews
Published 03/05/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Navigator of the Seas Review
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?