Valor Nice Old Ship - Passengers Only So-So!: Carnival Valor Cruise Review by hannah_cruise
Overall Member Rating
Valor Nice Old Ship - Passengers Only So-So!
Destination: Southern Caribbean
- Nicely laid out vessel
- Interesting Americana/Heroes themed decor
- Can find some very cheap rates on this ship - we booked a junior ("Ocean") suite for the price of an inside cabin on a newer ship.
- Nice hot tubs and newer "Serenity" area for adults
- Kids club seemed well-equipped with a wide variety of toys, lego table, etc., although we were not travelling with kids this time so don't have feedback on the counsellors
- Friendly staff who were willing to help passengers with whatever they needed
- Nice small library for More borrowing books
- Food was mediocre (buffet) to good (dining room) - some parts of the buffet like the Deli were better than average.
- Interesting ports, liked Key West, *loved* Grand Cayman. Ocho Rios was not great - locals are very pushy trying to sell you things or trick you into giving them money for things. Made the shore excursions, even the ones organized by Carnival uncomfortable.
- Small ship and crew, not many scheduled activities
- Older vessel, shows some wear and tear (although we thought it was in pretty good shape)
- Not that many venues on the ship for entertainment
- Passengers tend to be mostly American with a few French Canadians and very few international passengers. Maybe because this was a less-expensive cruise it attracted some less polite folks (being nice here!) A few times we moved out of our sun loungers because of loud/obnoxious/rude behaviour of our neighbouring passengers. Also quite a few college kids, but we were travelling at Spring Break. There were also some very nice passengers, so it's not all bad. You just need to be aware that either cheap cruises or the Carnival brand in general attracts a rather mixed crowd. We didn't feel that way on RCI or Princess. Less
Cabin review: OS7282 Ocean Suite
This was an Ocean Suite (aka a Junior Suite) - very spacious with a bedroom, small dressing room and full bathroom including whirlpool tub. Nice cabin, very well located close to lido deck (deck 9) and buffet (deck 9) but without any noise problems despite being so close to all the action. Our first time with a suite, it was fun because it was really inexpensive but I'm not sure if I would splurge again, would probably just book an inside cabin and save the $$. Balcone was fairly small.Read All Ocean Suite (OS) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Dunn's River Falls
Beautiful ship and friendly st...
Small and needs updating
Cruise nightmare -