Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by NC_is_Home: NCL Sun - small in size, large in awesomeness!

NC_is_Home
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Eastern Caribbean Cruises

NCL Sun - small in size, large in awesomeness!

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

If you're looking for a 20+ story ship with a rock wall, amphitheatre or water slides, this is NOT your ship.
If you're looking for a smaller ship with plenty of relaxation with great entertainment & food this IS your ship!
The Sun is small enough to find your way around, yet large enough to get away.
This was our 3rd cruise & I believe this was the best. The service was exceptional. The food was great! I love NCL's freestyle. You can eat what you want when you want it. This makes it easy to decide on a whim, or dress up and make reservations, it's totally up to you!
We ate in the Ginza for sushi twice, so amazingly delicious. Also ate in the Four Seasons, Le Bistro and had wings in the sports bar. Other times we ate in the Garden cafe or had room service.
The jacuzzi was perfect at night because most of the older people were gone inside, which left it to just us, again, amazing!
I loved the 13th sun deck, it was the 'quiet zone'. So much more relaxing More than the pool deck with a band playing. The band was nice & all, but I prefer to hear to wind.
Our stateroom was always top notch! We needed an iron one night, called guest services & it was delivered to the room in less than 5 minutes! Honest.
Ordered coffee to the room every morning by filling out the breakfast room service card. This was nice, because I got my caffeine fix without having to leave our stateroom. We had a deluxe oceanview stateroom. Also amazing. We were on like a half of floor. There was no elevator access to our floor which was a good thing as well, because it made for much less foot traffic! We rode the elevator to 7 and walked down to our room. If I sailed on the Sun again, I would request very same room!
The shows were good also, gotta love a good comedian!
Overall a 10 on my scale! Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun

Best cabin ever! Deluxe ocean view. No traffic.

Oh my gosh! Best beach ever! Crystal clear water, beautiful place. Still renovating but beautiful already. Cannot wait to see it when it's complete. We snorkeled again at this private island & it was simply gorgeous! Not crowded at all! We had perfect seats in the sun to relax.

Snorkeling

(4)
Not a 5+ because the water was choppy. However the excursion was still amazing!

Beautiful place! Reminded me alot of what Florida looks like. We went to the Historic National Park and shopping. Would love to visit again.
Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

Paradise Point Skyride

(4)
The Skyride was ok, it needed ventilation in the car. Very warm inside. Yet still a beautiful view.