MSC Poesia Cruise Review by cruiseyes: The best pizza onboard any ship!!!

cruiseyes
Member Since 2003

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Bahamas Cruises

The best pizza onboard any ship!!!

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas

This was my 2nd MSC cruise and it did not disappoint me. The entertainment was terrific, the food in the dinning room was good and the ship was clean. This ship has the best pizza on board any ship!

Different things about this ship: the balcony doors were really easy to open. With just a push of a button and a slide, the door was open and stayed open. They were the easiest to operate of any ship I have been on. (58 and counting)

Like in Europe, you use your room key to activate the electricity in the cabin. This was a very nice energy efficient feature. Additional benefits, I always knew where my key was and the cabin steward knew when I was in the room.

We had robes in our cabin without having to ask for them.

Embarkation was very civilized. We were directed to seats and then each row was called to eliminate the time standing in line to check in. The disembarkation process was also organized and efficient. The tender process was great More on the way out but lengthy on the way back because everyone had to be screened in the machines and return towels. We were waiting on the tender for over 40 minutes in the hot sun but the crew of the tender did disembark the upper sun deck first which was very smart! So if you go take the lower deck to stay out of the sun and plan accordingly if you are sensitive to motion.

Internet charges: 10 minutes for $5.00.

Photographers really took their time to capture quality pictures.

Negatives: no low sodium soy sauce in the Sushi restaurant and they will not give you regular water. They have bottle water for sale! They automatically put a donation to UNICEF on your bill which made the line at the front desk really long. And some people complained that most announcements were made in multiple languages.

I actually really enjoyed the multiple languages and that was one of my reasons for choosing this ship, to learn a little and have a European vacation without having to fly. Unfortunately, my exposure was limited because there was a very large Donny and Marie Osmond group on board, approximately 1,200 of them.

So, I did not get Europe, I got She's a little bit country and he's a little bit rock and rock and roll" which turned out to be very interesting and entertaining. Many of the events were held at the pool and we saw a few of the events and then Donny and Marie and their families in the public areas, restaurants and Donny on the beach in Coco Cay.

I did not see many children on board but I don't know if this is normal or if it was a unique cruise due to the large group and the short itinerary. (4 nights)

It was also very interesting that we went to Coco Cay, one of Royal Caribbeans private islands. Again, I do not know if this was a one time event due to the short itinerary.

The beds were comfortable the flat screen TVs worked well and our balcony had 2 nice chairs and a table. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Superior Balcony Ungaretti Deck 10040

Good location close to elevator on the starboard side forward. Clear ocean views no life boats in view. Middle of ship has life boats! Forward and aft cabins have clear views of the ocean. Balcony doors were very easy to operate and energy efficient/saving mechanism was in place.