MSC Poesia Cruise Review by cruiseyes

Member Name: cruiseyes
Cruise Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
The best pizza onboard any ship!!!
This was my 2nd MSC cruise and it did not disappoint me. The entertainment was terrific, the food in the dinning room was good and the ship was clean. This ship has the best pizza on board any ship!

Different things about this ship: the balcony doors were really easy to open. With just a push of a button and a slide, the door was open and stayed open. They were the easiest to operate of any ship I have been on. (58 and counting)

Like in Europe, you use your room key to activate the electricity in the cabin. This was a very nice energy efficient feature. Additional benefits, I always knew where my key was and the cabin steward knew when I was in the room.

We had robes in our cabin without having to ask for them.

Embarkation was very civilized. We were directed to seats and then each row was called to eliminate the time standing in line to check in. The disembarkation process was also organized and efficient. The tender process was great on the way out but lengthy on the way back because everyone had to be screened in the machines and return towels. We were waiting on the tender for over 40 minutes in the hot sun but the crew of the tender did disembark the upper sun deck first which was very smart! So if you go take the lower deck to stay out of the sun and plan accordingly if you are sensitive to motion.

Internet charges: 10 minutes for $5.00.

Photographers really took their time to capture quality pictures.

Negatives: no low sodium soy sauce in the Sushi restaurant and they will not give you regular water. They have bottle water for sale! They automatically put a donation to UNICEF on your bill which made the line at the front desk really long. And some people complained that most announcements were made in multiple languages.

I actually really enjoyed the multiple languages and that was one of my reasons for choosing this ship, to learn a little and have a European vacation without having to fly. Unfortunately, my exposure was limited because there was a very large Donny and Marie Osmond group on board, approximately 1,200 of them.

So, I did not get Europe, I got She's a little bit country and he's a little bit rock and rock and roll" which turned out to be very interesting and entertaining. Many of the events were held at the pool and we saw a few of the events and then Donny and Marie and their families in the public areas, restaurants and Donny on the beach in Coco Cay.

I did not see many children on board but I don't know if this is normal or if it was a unique cruise due to the large group and the short itinerary. (4 nights)

It was also very interesting that we went to Coco Cay, one of Royal Caribbeans private islands. Again, I do not know if this was a one time event due to the short itinerary.

The beds were comfortable the flat screen TVs worked well and our balcony had 2 nice chairs and a table.

Publication Date: 03/06/12