Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Kanebaby: Paradise Review 3/1/12-3/5/12

Compare Prices on Carnival Paradise Western Caribbean Cruises

Paradise Review 3/1/12-3/5/12

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

Just got back from the Paradise. We live in Orlando and sailed out of Tampa so it was a quick ride home.

Embarkation was easy and fast. We didn't get there until after 1pm and were on board in no time at all. We had a porthole cabin which we had never had before...it wasn't too bad until the mornings when we got into port....very noisy. The ship was beautiful and in great shape. We went to the Lido deck and got lunch. We NEVER had a problem finding a table in the buffet. I wasn't impressed with the lunch buffets, Italian, Caribbean and Amercian days. We opted for the burgers and chicken tenders (and they were some awesome chicken tenders too). Breakfast was ok in the buffet, nothing too exciting. We ate dinner in the Elation dining room every night but one. We had Your Time Dining and loved it and will do this again. For dinners i had beef brisket, prime rib and meatloaf. The brisket and prime rib were excellent...the meatloaf not so much...extremely salty and mushy. It was More truly awful and i love to eat and for me to call something awful it must be awful. I had the warm chocolate melting cake for dessert each night and it was the bomb. Only complaint i had was each time the ice cream was a foamy mess by the time it got to me, so on the last night i ordered a separate bowl of ice cream to go with it. We ate dinner in the buffet one night when they had fried shrimp and they were really really good. Overall i'd say the food was really good.

My husband did the Harley Davidson tour of Cozumel excursion. He was the only one on the tour but they did it anyway and he said it was fantastic. Then we shopped a little and got some jewelry and liquor.

I was looking forward to the trivia games....i always love the music/movies/tv trivia. Played 70's music trivia. Too bad two extremely loud mouthed men had to yell almost every single answer and and not give anyone else a chance. Luckily i knew 2 of the artists that no one else did so i got in a few. Saw 3 adult comedy shows....all the same comedian...Diane Ford....as soon as i saw her name in the Fun Times i knew who she was. I've seen her on Comedy Central many, many times and love her. Very funny and a packed house every time. Played some blackjack in the casino then some roulette with my husband....lost a little bit of money but had a really fun time doing it.

Yesterday the seas were horrible. The rocking back and forth was unbelievable and quite annoying...lol. But we made a good time of it anyways.

Overall a great cruise and planning our next one. Less

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>