Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Mojoscruise: Conquest not what it used to be.

Mojoscruise
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Conquest not what it used to be.

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

This was my first time back on the Conquest since 2006 just before Katrina hit. We took friends with us that had never been on a cruise. We had told them about it and so we went together. The first thing I noticed was the the temp of the interior of the ship was much warmer than before. Almost to the point of being uncomfortable. Our Stateroom was very warm. We called for maintenance several times and they left a not saying it was fine. I finally caught the guy checking it one night and his temp gauge said it was 77 in our room with the thermostat all the way down. He checked the duct and the damper was closed and he opened it up and we finally got a cool nights sleep.

Another thing we noticed was the first night there was no show. All past cruises I have taken there was a show of some kind every night. This was a let down since we told our fiends that there would be one. 2 of the shows were the same ones we saw 6 years ago.

The dinning room menu is less than it used More to be. Food was still excellent but the level of service was not where it used to be. I had to constantly ask for water with my meal. Before your glass would never past half empty. It appeared that there was not as much staff in the dinning room as before.

We still had a great time and our friends loved it but I believe this will be our last one with carnival. We are now looking for a Royal Caribbean cruise for our next one since Carnival has lowered their level of service. I guess they hoped most people would not notice but we did. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Interior Upper

We were on Deck 6 middle of the ship on the inside. Problem was we were above the Casino. It was noisy till late but that didn't bother us since we stay out late. By the time we went to bed it has settled down but if you are one that goes to bed early then do get this one. If our AC was not we could smell the smoke from the casino and that was not good. We don't even go to the casino because of the smoke. Location was excellent but next time I will make sure I am another floor above the casino.

We love the atmosphere of the port as you come in. We had some drinks and food then caught a taxi to Paradise beech. This was my second time there it it is wonderful. Had a great time with the drinks, Jet ski, and the whole beauty of the beech. I highly recommend this place.
Read 3089 Cozumel Reviews

Stingray Swim

(5.5)
We love Captain Marvins. This was our second time to use them. We booked it early and independent of the ship. They are very personal and extremely nice. We did the Sting ray city and 2 snorkel stop. I can't say enough nice things about Captain Marvin's. Only negative is they pics they take are way to expensive for what you get. So take your own camera and take your own.

I gave this a 3 as a port of call. Never liked Jamaica after the first time we visited. On an earlier trip we found Sunset Beach resort and to me this is the only way to enjoy it. Non of the in your face rude locals bugging you all the time. Nice and quiet beach with lots to do.