Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Mojoscruise

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Mojoscruise
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: Mojoscruise
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 4E

Conquest not what it used to be.
This was my first time back on the Conquest since 2006 just before Katrina hit. We took friends with us that had never been on a cruise. We had told them about it and so we went together. The first thing I noticed was the the temp of the interior of the ship was much warmer than before. Almost to the point of being uncomfortable. Our Stateroom was very warm. We called for maintenance several times and they left a not saying it was fine. I finally caught the guy checking it one night and his temp gauge said it was 77 in our room with the thermostat all the way down. He checked the duct and the damper was closed and he opened it up and we finally got a cool nights sleep.

Another thing we noticed was the first night there was no show. All past cruises I have taken there was a show of some kind every night. This was a let down since we told our fiends that there would be one. 2 of the shows were the same ones we saw 6 years ago.

The dinning room menu is less than it used to be. Food was still excellent but the level of service was not where it used to be. I had to constantly ask for water with my meal. Before your glass would never past half empty. It appeared that there was not as much staff in the dinning room as before.

We still had a great time and our friends loved it but I believe this will be our last one with carnival. We are now looking for a Royal Caribbean cruise for our next one since Carnival has lowered their level of service. I guess they hoped most people would not notice but we did.

Publication Date: 03/05/12