Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by phleb21

Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: phleb21
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great Getaway
I got this cruise through my local casino. Joined Cruise Critic to get more info on the ship from others who have sailed on the Jewel. Found a group that was also sailing on the date I selected. That was wonderful, Thank you Vicki! It was nice to meet others at the start of the cruise at the Meet and Greet. As far as the ship, I have never been on a ship with Freestyle Cruising. Loved that. Having no set time to be anywhere. Was a litte disapointed in TZAR restaurant. Ate there 3 times, once for breakfast and once for dinner. It is the more formal of the two main restaurants. One night we did dine with the Officers, YES, the service was much better. AZURA was WONDERFUL!! Everyone from host, waiters, assistant waiters, managers. I was sure that this was the more upscale restaurant. Service was super. One night it was very busy. The waiter explained that it was busy and might take a little longer for our food. I'm not sure what they consider a "little longer". We had drinks within 5 min and food within 15 min. WOW...They consider that long. We waited 25 min for a cup of tea in TZAR's. I'll eat in AZURA's anytime! Did go to Mama's one night. Food and service there was also superior. $10.00 up charge was well worth it. Buffet on deck 12 with the Washy, Washy ladies. So many choices of excellent food. Pool water was a little warm. Hot tubs great. Room was comfortable for 2 people. (not sure how it would have been with 4, I'm guessing a little tight) Balcony was nice to have.

Overall, Wonderful cruise. Lots of things to do. NCL's private island was very nice. We got thier early. One of the first 3 tenders to the island. Lots of construction. Shows were excellent!! Get there a little early for the best seats. We were a little disappointed in the White Hot Party. Started out OK with the music selection, then went to the "new wave" type of music. Not really my style. Angeltini drink was good.

I would sail with NCL again. Jewel was very clean. I might pack lighter and carry my own bags off the ship. Nice to be able to decide when YOU want to get off the ship. You do have to be out of your cabin by 9am.

Publication Date: 03/05/12