Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by beeceegee

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by beeceegee
Member Name: beeceegee
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Enchantment of the Seas
We booked a cruise out of Baltimore, MD on the Enchantment of the Seas. Started off rocky with an engine issue which caused us to stay in port at Baltimore overnight while they worked on the engine - they were unable to fix the engine but we left on Sunday with the announcement that we would be cruising at half speed and would have to cut out one of our ports, Key West, FL. That was the only port I was interested in going too but I got over it. The ship itself I would consider in need of updating - although the Centram is well appointed and a newer part of the ship, some of the other areas of the ship are well "loved".

The staff on the ship were nice and did their best to accommodate our needs.

We had a good cabin steward "Patrick" and we had good wait staff "Clinton" and "Rodolpho".

The food was ok - better at dinnertime but it was ok. The Windjammer Cafe' was too small with not nearly enough seating for the number of guests booked on the cruise. The My Fair Lady dining room was spacious and we found ourselves eating there most of the time because it was such a challenge to find a seat in the Windjammer.

My biggest complaint of this ship is the lack of ice when you wanted a drink and the lack of places to get something to drink. The main pool area had a drink station that was open most of the time, but it was cold outside a good part of our trip so you had to go out in the cold to get to the drinks. The ice machine in the Windjammer wasn't working so there was rarely ice when you needed it. There was a burger/hotdog/pizza area in the Solariam but it had limited hours and when they closed that, they also closed the beverage/ice station - which really disappointed me - how much trouble is it to keep an ice machine and lemonade and tea going.

The entertainment didn't start out very good but it got better - there were a couple of pretty good comedians and a really good magic show - there was a juggler one night that was good.

RC doesn't have the constant activities that I'm use to on Carnival so it was just "different". Much quieter and laid back with lots of time to sit and do nothing pretty much.

Overall, I may go on another RC cruise but I probably won't go on the Enchantment until it is overhauled - our cruise was shortened by two stops but we were refunded (or will be refunded) our entire cruise price because of the problems - that's more than I expected so my hats off to RC for doing the right thing in a bad situation.

Publication Date: 03/05/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by beeceegee
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews