Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by beeceegee: Enchantment of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

We booked a cruise out of Baltimore, MD on the Enchantment of the Seas. Started off rocky with an engine issue which caused us to stay in port at Baltimore overnight while they worked on the engine - they were unable to fix the engine but we left on Sunday with the announcement that we would be cruising at half speed and would have to cut out one of our ports, Key West, FL. That was the only port I was interested in going too but I got over it. The ship itself I would consider in need of updating - although the Centram is well appointed and a newer part of the ship, some of the other areas of the ship are well "loved".

The staff on the ship were nice and did their best to accommodate our needs.
We had a good cabin steward "Patrick" and we had good wait staff "Clinton" and "Rodolpho".

The food was ok - better at dinnertime but it was ok. The Windjammer Cafe' was too small with not nearly enough seating for the number of guests booked on the cruise. The My More Fair Lady dining room was spacious and we found ourselves eating there most of the time because it was such a challenge to find a seat in the Windjammer.

My biggest complaint of this ship is the lack of ice when you wanted a drink and the lack of places to get something to drink. The main pool area had a drink station that was open most of the time, but it was cold outside a good part of our trip so you had to go out in the cold to get to the drinks. The ice machine in the Windjammer wasn't working so there was rarely ice when you needed it. There was a burger/hotdog/pizza area in the Solariam but it had limited hours and when they closed that, they also closed the beverage/ice station - which really disappointed me - how much trouble is it to keep an ice machine and lemonade and tea going.

The entertainment didn't start out very good but it got better - there were a couple of pretty good comedians and a really good magic show - there was a juggler one night that was good.

RC doesn't have the constant activities that I'm use to on Carnival so it was just "different". Much quieter and laid back with lots of time to sit and do nothing pretty much.

Overall, I may go on another RC cruise but I probably won't go on the Enchantment until it is overhauled - our cruise was shortened by two stops but we were refunded (or will be refunded) our entire cruise price because of the problems - that's more than I expected so my hats off to RC for doing the right thing in a bad situation. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 4

we had an oversized interior room - not sure what part was considered oversized but that's what they called it! the cabin ran parallel to the hallway (length of the ship) so when the ship rocked back and forth the drawers in the dresser and the tv tray went out and back in and out and back in - so rough seas are not good for this type of room - I've added duct tape to my packing list - that would have kept those drawers from opening all night long! The cabin over all was good - the bathroom was a good size - the bed was directly to the right as you opened the door - with curtain's to close off that area - it was ok for an inside cabin.

Baltimore is an easy port to get in and out of - we took the train to Baltimore and grabbed a cab to the port - our taxi to the port was a good experience at $15 for the fare - going back it cost us $35.00 - I swear the cabby on the return trip gave us the grand tour of Baltimore to run up the rate - I hate it when that happens!