Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Dolfan2681

Rates 5+

Great Cruise!!!
Day1

Embarkation - This was a breeze..... GF and I arrived at the port at Noon, and

were having our first drinks by 12:30. Literally we were on the ship in less than 20 minutes. This port really has it going on!!!

After getting some food from the Lido deck buffet we had some time to kill until the room was ready. So we walked around until they were ready at 1:30. (a little side note if you get to the port early I would suggest to bring minimum carry one as it is a pain to carry bags around until the room is ready).

Cabin - We were in room 7449 an aft extended balcony. The cabin location was great!! In between the Lido deck and Promenade. I would suggest this floor to anyone booking as it was perfect. The cabin itself was a normal room, but the balcony was a lot bigger. The only complaint I have about the room is the balcony was not very private. The cabin itself was decent size, and very very clean. Our room steward was great!!!

Dining - We booked your time dining as we did not know our schedule, and really didn't want to have to plan our days. Overall it was good, but I think we will do scheduled dining from now on. You don't get that customized service with your time as opposed to scheduled. In my opinion the food was very good. I read in a few reviews how they would get there meals cold. Every meal I got was hot at the table, and the service in the dining room was OUTSTANDING!!! All though I am not sure when Carnival changed there Menu. I found the selection to be less than I have been use to with Carnival... Food was very good, and I always found something I wanted.

Day 2 Key West

This was my first time to Key West, and my GF has been there many times. We rented an electric car, and explored the island for a couple of hours as we booked and excursion at 11am (the ship docked at 8am). We saw Hemingway's house (really cool) All the Hemingway cats were interesting but very friendly. Then we drove and saw Key West cemetery. If you are into stuff like that I would suggest it. Than we dropped off the rental and went back to the port to meet up with our excursion.

Excursion - We did the Key West Pub Crawl, If you are a drinker or like history I would highly suggest it. We had a drink at 5 different bars and our tour guide gave us some good history of the island.

Day 3 Fun Day at Sea

This was our first formal night. Didn't do much this day except relax. My GF got her hair styled at the salon, and she said this was the best hair style of her life. She said the stylist was very friendly and knew exactly what she was doing. Apparently the interview process, and training for the stylist on board is very extensive.

We also attended the art auction this day. I am not a really art fan type of person, but I found this very interesting, and even bid on a couple of things. If you are board on a fun day at sea I would suggest attending it.

Steakhouse - This night we decided to eat at the steakhouse. This is one of the best meals I have ever had. The service is second to none, and the food was soooo good. For starters, I got the beef tar tar and she got the shrimp cocktail. The shrimp cocktail had a great twist to it and the best shes ever had. The salads were typical but very good and the chef sent us a small tasting that complimented our meals in between courses. I got the 18oz Rib eye (amazing) and my GF got the surf and turf she really enjoyed it. Then for desert I ordered the cheesecake oh did I tell you it is 14oz cheesecake yeah. She ordered the chocolate sampler and it too was good. The meal was so amazing, and after the meal I could not button my sports coat. Great meal well worth the up charge. Also, order a bottle of wine and meet the wine connoisseur, he was great.

Day 4 Grand Cayman

This has got to be our favorite island. We did some shopping in the mall right by the port. There is a Guy Harvey store in the shopping center right by the port. If anyone is a Guy Harvey fan I would suggest this to them. We were picking up some shirts, and looking at his artwork when a associate told my GF that Guy Harvey was upstairs and would sign something if we wanted. I was so amazed and ran up stairs to meet him. He signed a piece of art I bought and shirt. The island is so beautiful and the people who live there are not pushy a plus for me. If you are looking for a place to eat at Grand Cayman try Rackems right by the port it is a great beach bar.

Excursion - We did the Allure catamaran to sting ray city... This is a great tour ran by great people. I highly suggest it, and we booked it through Carnival.

Day 5 - Jamaica

I really do not like this island the locals are very pushy, and I don't feel safe (this is not my first trip to Jamaica) We did the excursion and went right back to the ship. Very pretty island, but the unemployment rate is 40% and it shows in how they act.

Excursion - We did the Dunn's River Falls and Mystic Mtn bobsled/ski lift. Dunn's River Falls was amazing. If you book the excursion I would suggest you be in good shape. There is a lot of climbing involved, and a good pair of water shoes. The bobsled experience was cool and worth doing. There is a Ski lift that takes you to the top if Mystic Mtn, that last about 15 mins and has some beautiful views of the island. If you go on the ski lift make sure you camera is handy it has some awesome views. If you book an excursion in Jamaica I recommend you book through Carnival, as there are a lot of scammers on this island.

This night they had a 80's review as a show, and it was top notch. It is a must see.

Day 6 Fun day at sea

We did the behind the fun tour and it is scheduled for the last day at sea. Its well worth the money, and you get to see the other side most guest never see. Only negative is it takes up like 3 to 4 hours on your last day at see.

Casino - The casino was GREAT!!! The casino staff are very friendly. Willing to take the time to show anyone a new game.

Overall - The ship is in great shape, and very clean. The staff is exceptional and extremely friendly. I would suggest this ship to anyone.

Publication Date: 03/04/12