“We found heaven on the NCL Dawn”
Cruise review of Norwegian Dawn

majn Norwegian Dawn 4 We found heaven on the NCL Dawn
majn
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We just got back from 11 nights on the NCL Dawn. We have been on over thirty cruises and honestly have lost track of the exact number. I booked this cruise in May of 2011 and from the beginning had so many problems with reservations that I was convinced that we would never do another NCL cruise again after this was over. But..........that is no longer the case. This was our third NCL Dawn cruise. We have been on many other NCL ships (many are not even around anymore) but really liked the length of the Dawn and the itineary so decided to go again. This was our first 2BR Penthouse. The last time on the Dawn we were in a minisuite and although it was nice; a minisuite is not so much better than a regular standard cabin. This time we decided to go for the PH and it was amazing. The cabin was beautiful but its the staff that made this cruise so wonderful. They are all so genuinely kind and most will go out of their way for you. Of course you always run into the slackers but the majority of the staff gives you 110%. The food was delicious. My only complaints are: 1. Dry towels should be available more frequently by the pool. 2. NCL shows are all the same. We have cruised so many times on NCL and unfortunately can not take advantage of the shows because they are all ones we have seen so many times before. 3. My kids are 11 and 12 and the kids club was very babyish for them. There should be another age group so the 11 and 12 year olds do not have to be with 6 year olds Those really are my only complaints. And great job to our cabin steward Garfield. He was quiet but so so so friendly and professional. Also we were thankful for David the concierge and Wayne and Leon in the DR. One morning in the Garden Buffet, I asked a waiter for grapefruit juice and he told me no.....but Wayne overheard and got so angry at the other waiter for telling me there was no GFJ and got it for me right away. The Dawn was perfection. Reservationists for NCL need work. They really do not have a clue about any of the ships. And not all NCL ships/staff are the same. The Dawn was without a doubt the best. Thanks NCL Dawn for a wonderful vacation.
Norwegian Dawn Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Penthouse with Large Balcony

Port
Nice beach but wouldn't even get a drink at bar.....found it to be kind of dirty.
Read 1,035 Antigua Reviews
Port
People on island are nice but the beaches are disgusting black sand and no real sightseeing.
Read 604 Dominica Reviews
Port
The water was clean and beautiful but did not like the rocks at Long Bay resort.
Read 967 Tortola Reviews
Published 03/04/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Dawn Review
Norwegian Dawn Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?