Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by majn: We found heaven on the NCL Dawn

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Southern Caribbean Cruises

We found heaven on the NCL Dawn

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We just got back from 11 nights on the NCL Dawn. We have been on over thirty cruises and honestly have lost track of the exact number.
I booked this cruise in May of 2011 and from the beginning had so many problems with reservations that I was convinced that we would never do another NCL cruise again after this was over. But..........that is no longer the case. This was our third NCL Dawn cruise. We have been on many other NCL ships (many are not even around anymore) but really liked the length of the Dawn and the itineary so decided to go again.
This was our first 2BR Penthouse. The last time on the Dawn we were in a minisuite and although it was nice; a minisuite is not so much better than a regular standard cabin. This time we decided to go for the PH and it was amazing. The cabin was beautiful but its the staff that made this cruise so wonderful. They are all so genuinely kind and most will go out of their way for you. Of course you always run into the More slackers but the majority of the staff gives you 110%. The food was delicious.
My only complaints are:
1. Dry towels should be available more frequently by the pool.
2. NCL shows are all the same. We have cruised so many times on NCL and unfortunately can not take advantage of the shows because they are all ones we have seen so many times before.
3. My kids are 11 and 12 and the kids club was very babyish for them. There should be another age group so the 11 and 12 year olds do not have to be with 6 year olds
Those really are my only complaints.
And great job to our cabin steward Garfield. He was quiet but so so so friendly and professional. Also we were thankful for David the concierge and Wayne and Leon in the DR. One morning in the Garden Buffet, I asked a waiter for grapefruit juice and he told me no.....but Wayne overheard and got so angry at the other waiter for telling me there was no GFJ and got it for me right away.
The Dawn was perfection. Reservationists for NCL need work. They really do not have a clue about any of the ships. And not all NCL ships/staff are the same. The Dawn was without a doubt the best.
Thanks NCL Dawn for a wonderful vacation. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 11550

Amazing space. So many drawers and cabinets. We didn't utilize all the space.

Nice beach but wouldn't even get a drink at bar.....found it to be kind of dirty.
Read 796 Antigua Reviews

Real nice. Kids had a blast.
Read 701 Barbados Reviews

People on island are nice but the beaches are disgusting black sand and no real sightseeing.
Read 491 Dominica Reviews

We ended up at the Marriott. We went to the pool there for the day.

Crowded but beautiful.

The water was clean and beautiful but did not like the rocks at Long Bay resort.
Read 501 Tortola Reviews