Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by dawalker05

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by dawalker05
Liberty of the Seas
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Cruise Just One Big Bump
The ship Liberty of the Seas and a very nice ship. It was clean, I liked the layout and there was plenty to do.

This is my second RC cruise and my 6th cruise total. I have sailed 4 times with Celebrity. My daughters traveled with me on the Summit this past October. I wanted them to experience a ship with the age appropriate amenities. Celebrity is a quieter cruise line without a lot of the extras that Royal offers.

Our rooms were inside in the the very front of the ship. We had rooms 6204 and 6206. This is the first time that I did not have a balcony however we booked late and Royal put us side by side. 6206 is a larger room and I highly recommend. It is also very quiet on that end. Only one night could we hear the club under us.

The bump that occurred was in the dining room. On the very first night at dinner we experienced something very weird. The assistant waited served us our dinner rolls and we discovered that two of them "seemingly" had blood stains on them. It looked liked someone cut themselves and there was blood on the rolls just the way it was smeared. We showed the waiter and the head waiter. They were very sorry and removed. We should have taken a pic. This is a little different than my food overcooked. They offered us free drinks. That was fine however I did not know what they could do but it was a little empty feeling. The assistant waiter seemed like he was high on a drugs. He rambled on and kept touching us. He talked about kissing us. It was weird he asked us where we were from several times. We were very turned off by the experience. He was so outspoken and in your face that I did not want to complain because I was slightly afraid. On the second night we ate in CHopps which was outstanding and the service was wonderful. The rest of the week we ate in the main dining room. On the third or fourth night the woman at the table next to us was ill on the table. There were maybe 6 woman at that table. They quickly left the dining room. They sort of folded up and covered the problem which I was fine with however while we were still eating a crew that reminds me of a hazmat crew came in to the dining room. With masks they cleaned up the table. I was feeling ill about this time. The waiter came to me and said that he felt that I was upset about the situation. Remember I did not say a word about it they did. I said yes slightly annoyed it seems that they could have covered the table until the dinner service was over. On the last night of the cruise the Assistant Waiter came to us out of the blue to explain the procedure on cleaning up vomit in the dining room. I was so upset because they mentioned it I did not and did not want to continue the conversation. Enough about that!

Overall we found that the Windjammer was very crowded however the food was great. The food in the promenade was excellent. Bar service was excellent. The drinks were very tasty. Dinner quality was poor however we just had so many dinner problems I am not sure if anything would taste good.

The ports were great. We liked both Labadee and Jamaica. We did the beach and the Aqua Park in Labadee and the Dunns River Falls in Jamaica. We enjoyed both.

Getting off the boat was a nightmare. I had read previously that Liberty has problems. We were in group 5 and we were to get off at 8:20am. We finally were let go at 9:30am. From there it was like waiting to ride Space Mountain at Disney on the most crowded day. Lines, lines and more lines. The porters in the port are pushy and rude. Not the best experience however we were ready to go.

We drove from Wilmington, DE and parked at the port. This was great and we had absolutely no problems with parking and will do that again if we drive.

Overall the vacation was a B+. I love the service on Celebrity however my daughters had a great time with the extra amenities.

Publication Date: 03/04/12