Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by rustyred1990

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by rustyred1990
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Triumph
Member Name: rustyred1990
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 1A

My cruise review
For my first cruise this was a very large ship with a lot to keep me busy. I was with a large group so I never felt isolated or lonely, but I saw a few other young people (20's) who seemed pretty bored on their own. There were a lot of old people. The port visits in Progresso and Cozumel were way too short. I could not realistically do all the things I wanted to do in town, which was frustrating. Next time I will get an overnight port cruise.

A very large ship with many entertainment areas. My complaint is that there were too many people, and it was difficult to locate a secluded/non-noisy area of the deck on which to read. There were just too many other people, and it didn't feel very luxurious.

Not the best quality food I've ever eaten. The steak was nice, as was the free soft serve ice cream 24/7.

I had room 2207 which had no windows, a regular bed, and a nonocombinable sofa bed. I would have preferred two regular, combinable beds.

Staff was nice to the point of irritation.

Really enjoyed the burlesque show and free alcohol tasting. The casino was also very well done. Booze was pretty expensive though!!

Publication Date: 03/04/12