Caribbean Cruise: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by tidepool
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: New Orleans
1. Getting on board and situated was pretty much the same as all cruise lines we have gone on.
2. Food: Pretty average with the exception of a couple meals. Variety was also the same as most cruises.
3. On board activities: We thought that although RCCL had the climbing wall and ice rink, their activities for us were limited compared to other lines.
4. Room: Very average room with a balcony. We did think the bed was extremely hard and the balcony was not as open as other lines.
5. Service was excellent for the most part.
6. We couldn't remember every being on a cruise that had so much smoking going on all over the ship. That really bothered us. Half the time we couldn't even use our balcony because of smoke. Smoking on deck was bothersome too.
7. Maybe it was the time of the year but our cruise was filled with wheelchairs, walkers, etc. Not saying it was bad, but just mentioning the More fact that it made moving around a little more difficult.
8. Practically all the desserts seemed to be "reduced fat" or "fat free". That was bothersome.
9. Disembarking at the end of the cruise was the best we have ever had. We found our suitcases with in seconds of the luggage area. Well done RCCL.
10. Having additional dining options like Johnny Rockets was great. Also the Promenade shopping area was great.
11. We thought the shows on board were below average for the most part, although the ice show was amazing! Nice job RCCL!
12. We thought the ship was well laid out with lots of places to explore and lots of quiet and noisy places on board for anyone's preference.
Bottom line: We would recommend RCCL and would travel with them again. Jamaica was fun as was the Grand Cayman's. Cozumel was too short, could have used more time there. Would have liked to have seen more of the Mississippi river but both leaving and returning was at night. Thanks RCCL for a nice experience! Less
Cabin review: E17328 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Great location on the ship. Balcony was quiet but we were bothered by someone smoking near our balcony. Cabin was normal size for a balcony room. Bed was extremely hard but we heard that from others on the cruise too. I would definitely recommend this cabin to anyone because of it's location on the ship. It was a very quiet room yet near the elevators and one of the few with a wide hallway outside with a very nice little corner just outside the cabin for extra space that worked especially well when placing one's suitcases outside the night before departure. This room was designed for up to 3 people which also makes it a plus. Everything worked fine in the room and the cabin staff was excellent. Definitely recommend this cabin.Read All Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (E1) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Awesome week on the Norwegian ...
Crowded and noisy!
Very nice 5 day cruise
First Time - We are hooked!
Terrible dinning, entertainmen...
Shafted By Royal Caribbean