Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Krackerjak

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Very Happy!!!
As I said it was our first cruise. We just got home today. First it was only a 3 hour drive to Charleston so that alone was very nice. There was however people from New York, Indiana and many other states. Everyone I meet passenger wise was very nice and friendly and all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Yep there were a few true redneck types but that was no big deal.

The food overall was pretty good. We ate dinner every night in the Celebration.(and kudos to Alexandra at the seating desk). The service as top notch and the food was as good as you get in most restaurants. The midnight buffets hit the spot after an evening of entertainment. Breakfast was usually eaten on the Lido deck which had a huge variety of foods. Plenty of options along with a large selection of fresh fruits. We chose the omelets on several mornings.

Having read other reviews I was aware that it was an older and smaller ship. I did not realize how much smaller till we set beside a Disney ship in Nassau. Over all though I was impressed with the ships appearance. The cabins were nice. Our steward Wit was exceptional. The personnel in the casino where friendly at the tables, but not when seeing them elsewhere on the ship. Overall the crew of the ship were excellent.

Entertainment wise could use some improvement. The Lido deck always had something going on, but I really would have enjoyed a few more Vegas style shows. The shows they did have were enjoyable. I would like to have seen a few more Black Jack tournaments in the casino and a few larger payoffs in bingo as well. I don't drink much but at the price of drinks, that appears to be a good thing.

Overall, I truly enjoyed myself, and can't wait to do it again.

Publication Date: 03/03/12