Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by definatelykelly

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by definatelykelly
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: definatelykelly
Cruise Date: February 2012
Destination: Blank
Cabin Category: 1A
Cabin Number: U92
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Blank Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival provides endless amounts of false advertising!
I made sure to not waste any time in writing my review of our less than good experience with Carnival, as it's only been an hour since we've been off the boat.

My first bone to pick is the unbelievable amount of false advertising. I don't even know where to begin. How about with the ship's falsely advertised attractions:

We were promised an adult pool, the "serenity pool". That didn't exist. There were two adult hot tubs, but no pool, which were supposed to be there. This was very disappointing and we never got a chance to swim in the pool because it was so crowded and filled with kids. Also, that one pool that the boat did have was a fraction of the size as the one in the picture on your website.

The "water park" was just a fraction of what was advertised in both the video testimonials, and on the website. Promised were two giant water slides, that was a lie. A giant bucket dumping "300 gallons of water on people", also a lie. The picture is a straight up fabrication compared to what we experienced on the boat we were on.

Heavily advertised was a "steakhouse", so "popular" that it was recommended that you make reservations before your embarktion. Reservations for what? There was nothing CLOSE to a "steakhouse" on board.

As far as entertainment, DJ Irie was not there, not that that is a huge deal, but still falls under the category of false advertisement.

Advertised in both pictures and in descriptions is a "multi-purpose court" - yet another lie. There was a small mini-golf course in the windiest part of the ship, and a couple ping pong tables. Hardly a "multi-purpose court". Also on the multi-purpose court advertisement pictures and descriptions, there's all sorts of equipment definitely not on board our ship, such as a ropes climbing course.

The pictures of the "fitness center" show that it is on the bottom of the ship looking out into the ocean from underwater was very incorrect. Not only did it not have windows, it was near the top of the ship!

The beds, advertised as "so comfortable you'll want to purchase your own", left our hips bruised after 4 nights of sleeping in them.

"Seaside theater" where we were supposed to be able to watch movies, tv, sports, etc, did not exist aboard our ship.

The list goes on, but these are the prevalent problems that immediately affected us.

After reviewing the offered attractions on the website, I'd say about half of the restaurants, bars, pools, attractions, etc. were delivered. Totally unsatisfactory.

In addition to the deplorable amount of false advertising, the food was practically inedible. I've lost 10 pounds since my stay on the Carnival Imagination. Thank heavens for grilled cheese because it's all we ate for 5 days straight. Our first night we went to the nice dining area - which was not the steakhouse promised. After having to send our undercooked meals back, the replacements were just as bad. I don't know what food company carnival uses, but it needs to undergo some serious review. We gave the nice dining area another shot the next night, being even more disappointed with the poor quality of the food, including the highly-praised lobster. I'd love to say that my pallet is so experienced that that was why I could not stomach the food, but that just simply isn't the case. We learned our lesson by the third day and only ate salads and grilled cheeses the rest of the time. If the food is this bad, you should have a convenience store on board so that people don't pass out and lose 10 pounds on your boat. How upsetting.

The few positive things I have to say are:

The crew was very friendly and nice, even remembering our names as they saw us on the ship. We also enjoyed the towel animals.

The excursion we took in Cozumel-the "Fly High Zip Line" was the best part of our trip.

The Xanadu and Casino bars were enjoyable.

I will absolutely never set foot on another Carnival ship again. Between the lack of edible food, the lack of promised attractions, and the uncomfortable beds, we have never been happier to eat airport food and go home.

If you are going to put people on an older ship, advertise the correct one. Explain why it's $400 less than normal. Don't lie, then trap people on the boat. It's in very poor taste. I strongly recommend that your website and information be rectified, because this is not the only website on which I'm posting my review of my trip.

Thank you for convincing us to try other cruise liners,

Publication Date: 03/02/12
Read the Blank ports review by definatelykelly
More Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews