Coral Princess Cruise Review by Jody White: 14 Day Panama Canal Transit

Compare Prices on Coral Princess Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

14 Day Panama Canal Transit

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

My husband and I are 53 and really loved this cruise on the Coral Princess. We have cruised 10+ times all from US ports (including San Juan and Hawaii). We have cruised on 5 cruise lines and this is the first time on a Princess boast.
The boat was perfect. I read every review there was out there on the Internet and most were good. We went on the Gem last year and the reviews were horrible and some were correct. The negative reviews about this ship I did not agree with. I only saw 1 chair that wasn't in great shape, everything else was up to ship shape standard. The bed was not too hard and the pillows were 1 soft and 1 not so soft- your choice. We booked an inside room so it is nice and dark to sleep in.
The food was excellent. We ate in the buffet for breakfast and enjoyed the waffles, fruit and eggs to order. We skip lunch most days so we can be good and hungry for dinner. The Grill has great burgers and the best fries! The Pizza was good too. I have been on many More many cruises and have had some great meals and these were some of the very best. The lobster dinner was the best ever and they happily brought me 2! The dessert was also excellent with lots of variety. I would rather have dessert and these did not disappoint. We ate only in the main dining room for dinner and enjoyed our table mates from Canada.
The boat had lots of older 80+ - 90+ folks and I did not see 1 small child on this trip.
The pool was lively but we never had trouble finding a pool chair. Saw lots of people get sun burned really badly! My husband won the "Mr. Sexy Legs" and he is disabled with a cane but by far was the sexiest man on ship! The bottle of Champagne was enjoyed from the win. There were some fun games around the pool and the young cruise guy who led them was really good. Also Maureen at the Horizon court (buffet) is wonderful! The staff was very helpful carrying trays and finding a clean table. They offered everyone juice. Great food in the buffet during the day. We didn't eat lunch or dinner there but would walk through and check it out.
Saw 2 shows, DANCE was great and the other not so good. What we enjoyed the most of all on this trip was the "MOVIES UNDER THE STARS". So much fun at 8:15 to watch a movie under the stars. The movies were good the popcorn and warm cookies were good too.
The PANAMA CANAL was the highlight not the Ports. Pretty hot and humid that south. The 5 days at the end were sea days and they were relaxing and not boring for us.
We felt no pressure to buy stuff- BINGO, pictures, alcohol or anything else.
I have to say this is my favorite cruise line now and hopeful this will be our first of many Princess cruises. I could go on and on because I love cruising! I hope this helps you pick and enjoy a great cruise. Less

Read more Coral Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Coral Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Coral Princess Interior Double Plaza Deck 711

Nice big bed. Nice size TV. More than enough closet space and drawers. small shower but okay for us. Great location. no noise to bother us at all. 11/711.