Legend of the Seas 3

“Legend of the Seas-past its sell by date?”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas

leedscruiser
Member Since 2009

Overall Member Rating

First impressions of the Legend of the Seas were that it was just like any other Royal Caribbean ship only smaller! Bright and cheerful with a, mostly, welcoming crew.
Things went downhill very rapidly from there.
Cabins were available at 13.00 which was great as it gave us chance to have lunch in the Windjammer before unpacking.
When we got to our room it was like any other balcony cabin we had ever had only DIRTIER
Drawers were full of sweet wrappers, there was a lump of chocolate on the floor, and orange juice residue was congealing in the fridge. There were crumbs and a hair on and near the phone. My wife would not allow me to unpack and sent me off to find somebody to rectify the problem. Our cabin steward appeared, when we were out, and removed the sweet wrappers but left everything else. It took us four different calls to get him to clean the room. Clearly he was either blind or stupid. At least that is what I thought at that time.
I now think that he was More part of a somewhat larger malaise that had afflicted some of the crew. The ship is going into dry dock soon (ish) this meant that the general upkeep of the ship was not in keeping with the rest of RCCIs fleet. Paint was chipped off around outside walkways. Varnish remained unvarnished- particularly noticeable on Deck 4. Standards here were simply not as good as can be found on other of their ships.
Now for the positives-
We found the quality and range of food in the Windjammer to be excellent.
Every time I moaned about the state of our room they would give us something, free internet minutes, bottles of wine, fruit, VIP tender passes. It is clear that many people on this ship, and here Kevin of customer services comes to mind, do give a damn.
The problem is that many others don't Less

Legend of the Seas Cruises to Asia

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

D27094
7094 is a D2 cabin. We thought it was a tad larger than other D2s we had been in. The room was fine, just dirty

Hot humid but fascinating

As for Bangkok, hot humid and fascinating

Spotlessly clean, feels totally safe, very affluent. I could live there!!

Published 03/02/12

Read Cruise Critic's Legend of the Seas Review

Legend of the Seas Cruises to Asia

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?