Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by JoAnneV: Short and fun!

JoAnneV
Member Since 2003

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Short and fun!

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas

We had a great time on this cruise. I broke my foot a week before we left and we were still able to do a lot. We flew into Miami and stayed at the Sleep Inn and took a shuttle to the ship. We got there early and since I was in a wheel chair we got to board early. We were with a group of my daughter's friends who were in their 30's & 40's, we are 60ish. It was a lot of fun being with them.

The itinerary was Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West. I did not go to Coco Cay since it was pretty rough and I didn't want to take a chance on my foot. We did go into Nassau and Key West. My husband was really good about wheeling me around. We ate lunch out in both places. We were the only ship in Nassau.

It was definitely a low cost cruise. The food was well prepared, but the ingredients were definitely not high end. Someone said the bartenders were complaining about the cheap cruisers. I think the staff in the dining room had more tables than usual and the cabin stewards More may have had more rooms. On a short cruise it's harder to build the rapport with the crew. The ship is in great shape and well laid out. It definitely had a Latin flavor: lots of Latin music, bilingual cruisers, and late nights. The age range on the cruise was wide and there were lots of family groups. We didn't see any scooters! The ship does not have many balconies.

We attended the musical reviews which were good.

Our daughter didn't get to dive which was a big disappointment. The weather was too bad at Coco Cay. The ship canceled the excursion in Nassau, and she didn't feel like booking independently at the last minute. She did snorkel. The excursion desk said that they were the only 2 people booked. I think in the future she will probably try to book the diving herself.

We took the opportunity to spend a couple of days in Miami after the cruise. We saw South Beach and the Everglades. We also took a bus tour of Miami

I would definitely recommend the cruise to the right people: young, first timers, people interested in lots of activity. It is not for someone expecting a luxury experience. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Ocean View Stateroom Deck 4 4538

We enjoyed walking around town. There is lots of shopping and many of the shops are locally owned. There are also lots of restaurants and bars, so it is a fun place.
Read 738 Key West Reviews

We were limited in our activities since I had broken my foot. My husband wheeled me around town. The selection of restaurants is pretty limited. There is some shopping. My duaghter enjoyed the Pirate Museum.
Read 2646 Nassau Reviews