Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by torchrunner

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by torchrunner
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: torchrunner
Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: 04
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Could use some training
We booked this cruise at last minute. Drove to Miami from Ontario. The check in at the ship was easy. I just wish I had carried my own luggage. So we had to sit around till we could get into our room and then the luggage did not come till we were almost sailing. Excuse only one service elevator working. I was lead to believe we couldn't. This ship needs to dry dock and get things fixed up. Stairs and railings need to be redone. Carpets should be trashed. I think they used to allow smoking everywhere so there is a smell hanging around everywhere.

The buffet was normal most tomes they were out of the something you wanted and in no hurry to go get it. It was coming they kept saying to everyone. I wanted tea one morning for our room. I went to the 5th level cafe, They told me in a rather rude tone that this was for specialty coffee and to go to the buffet. Ok can I have the take out cups. NO get them there also. Yea right. Get there ask for the head chef for cups. He said he would get them. Got on the phone and found them. Sent someone to get them. 10min later he came back. Sorry no cups you have to go to the 5th floor. Am I happy now. Goit the dirtest look again from them for 2 stupid cups.

Once I went for food one side of buffet was closed with the ice cream and pizza open but other side open wiyh the exit doors shut.One person working and alot of stuff not there. It was coming he told the 10+ people. I left after a couple minutes.

Also try getting a drink anywhere on the ship except the bar. The waiters are the slowest ever seen. They take your order then meander around looking for more orders. By the time they get back your drink is warm. But they do pick up your empties quick without asking if you want another.

Go to the Cosmos lounge that is a farce to get a drink. They are even slower. They are supposed to have 11 people working there. I counted 6 maybe. Most times they stood around looking at you. I waved at one waiter and he looked over his shoulder to see who I was waving at and never came to see what we needed.I saw one lady go get her own drinks 4 times and take back the empties. If you wandered around the ship and asked for directions one person pointed one way another pointed another. Most staff didn't know front from back. The ones that did had been there a long time.Our room steward Fredrick was great and knew anything you asked.

The other stupid thing was the tv would turn on whenever it wanted to all night long. No one fixed it. I was not the only one I heard. There was all sorts of stupid things broken elevator buttons, safes that wouldn't open, elevators going up but then go down instead without opening the doors.

Our Dinner waiters were the best Alina and Gunartha. They were quick and very nice all week with big hugh smiles. I was told you had to have a jacket and tie on formal night or rent one and quite adament about it. NOT Gunny told us that so long as you looked good you were fine. The 3rd night a couple joined us that didn't come earlier as he only had golf shirts and was told the same thing.

BUT the trip was good the islands were nice. The excursion desk lady was very helpful and informative.The front desk was always under staffed and had a line up. I would sail again with them but would go with Princess first.

Publication Date: 03/01/12