Ruby Princess 5

“Ruby Cruise - No Noro, but no sleep!”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

tnilinger
Member Since 2010
6 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

First, as others have commented, there was a lot of fear of the Norovirus going into this cruise. While some of the precautions that Princess took were a little inconvenient, I felt that was minor compared to those on the Crown the same week that had to come back early because so many people had gotten sick.

My wife and I love to cruise and we really like Princess. We feel it is a middle-of-the-road line between Carnival's main brand (Carnival) and the more upscale and expensive Oceania. We have also sailed another Carnival line (Holland) and liked it as well. Although the smallness of the ship (Veendam) makes for a less smooth sailing.

This particular cruise was a lot of fun. We had two other couples join us, one that actually got engaged while on this cruise! We truly enjoyed every port.

The food on the Ruby was good. The main dining area, as you would expect with this many people on board, is crowded and noisy. But I felt the food itself was very More good.

Sabatini's and the Crown Grill are excellent alternative dining choices and worth every penny you spend for the experience.

My only problem with the entire cruise is the placement of the penthouse suites, which is directly below the Lido pool area. It is almost impossible to get a good nights sleep with all the traffic, partying, and noise from deck furniture above you. I felt that we overpaid considerably for rooms in such a poor location. The cabin itself is very nice and has a great deck...it's only its location that makes it unattractive. So, for anyone booking a PH level cabin on Princess (or any other line for that matter) make sure you check out the spaces above and below first. Less

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Published 02/29/12

Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?