Emerald Princess Cruise Review by skiking1245

Embarkation: other
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: BD
Cabin Number: B617
See More About: Emerald Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Emerald Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Emerald Princess Deck Plans
Great winter get away.
We stayed at the LaQuinta Airport. It is inexpensive, free breakfast, free shuttle to port, and free parking while you are gone. It can't be beat.

Ate dinner at Coconuts on waterfront. Great precruise dinner spot or probably any night of the week.

Had a wonderful cruise. Probably the best dining experience on any cruise we have been on. Cid was our waiter and he was the best.

Entertainment was weak and the cruise director was obnoxious trying to get applause for himself. He needed to get out of the way and let the hired talent entertain the guests. Only really good entertainment was a Beatle group.

The sailaway group was pretty good but too loud. Everything on the deck was too loud. And the MUTS is nothing but wasted space other than for the football playoff games.

Unfornutely cruise ended with me getting norovirus the last night. I knew immediately what it was as had read about it before. Believe everything you may have heard about it. I was able to get off the ship the next morning but added several hours to my drive home as I had to stop every 30 minutes or so.

As soon as I got home I emailed Princess several times to make them aware as I did not want the next occupant of our room to become ill. After several weeks I received a form letter from them. Left me pretty underwhelmed at their response. If someone got sick eating at my house I would certainly want to know how they were doing. Will definitely keep that in mind when booking in the future and picking a cruise line. My wife had mentioned how they did not seem to be cleaning the ship during cruise as we had observed with RC and Celebrity on recent cruises. Anyway it will take me a while to get over their lack of response.

Publication Date: 02/29/12