Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by maui4me2: Our first cruise-DEFINITELY NOT OUR LAST!!

maui4me2
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Our first cruise-DEFINITELY NOT OUR LAST!!

Sail Date: February 2012

My husband and I have been married 14 years - second marriage - three kids: 31, 29, and 23. The two oldest are happily married and living their lives now, and the youngest is getting married next year. FINALLY - we did something just for ourselves and it was WORTH EVERY PENNY. I couldnt have asked for more.

We live about 30 minutes from Port Everglades so we didnt need a hotel. We left home about noon, and were onboard by 2:00.

Seeing the ship for the first time in person was so wonderfully overwhelming!! We couldnt believe we would be boarding the Liberty and sailing away! It was a magical moment when we got through security and got our cards and got on board. I was actually teary!! The first thing we saw was the elevator area and a lounge beyond that. It was GORGEOUS!! Clean, smelled great, just amazing. We headed up to deck 9 - cabin 9368 - to check out the cabin and most importantly, the view. Cabin - WONDERFUL!! View - BEYOND WONDERFUL!! Luggage - More ALREADY THERE!!! That was a special treat! My friend and cruise agent Tina had the room decorated for my birthday which was a totally unexpected surprise - I didnt even know cruise ships did that!! After we OOOHed and AHHHHed over the room, we headed out to explore! What an exploration we had!! We saw all the pools, the casino, the buffet (where we stopped for a quick lunch which was delicious every time), the theater, the Promenade, - everything was gorgeous and clean and inviting - and beyond imagination that it could all be onboard a ship!!! I got a Pina Colada - the first sip meant vacation had begun! There was a special feeling in the air prior to embarking - everyone was just so excited and ready to head to Cozumel! It was so special and unforgettable. The ship was HUGE and well planned out - always someplace to stop and relax, always seats available, always tables available in the Windjammer Buffet, always someone available to get you a drink - never had to wait for one single thing.

We enjoyed all of the shows (the ice show, Up in the Air, and Saturday Night Fever - all WONDERFUL!!!)and we played bingo, spent time in the casino where we won about 1000.00 dollars total, saw the love and marriage game show which was wonderful - took in the sexiest man contest on deck one day at sea which was hysterical - shopped in the Promenade - everything was wonderfully done and very convenient and relaxed and enjoyable.

The service onboard was wonderful - never needed anything. What else can you say? Everyone did their job as if they liked it and as if it mattered to them that we were enjoying ourselves. Our cabin was clean and had everything refilled every time was used something. We enjoyed our towel animals too!!!

We took the Tulum Ruins Express tour which was GREAT - super informative - except for the TYPHOON that landed on us!! You have to walk about 1/2 mile from the bus to the ruins, and the rain gladly followed us all the way back!! We were SOAKED, but actually it was a fun adventure overall.

Disembarkation was not wonderful - not horrible, but we expected as much since we had done so much research. We got up and out of our cabin by about 7:00 - we self carried our luggage - only to find that about 1000 other people got there before us!! It seemed they had cut the A/C and it was pretty hot waiting in the long line til they let the line start moving - once it started moving honestly it wasnt bad at all =- maybe 30 minutes once we began moving? So cant really complain about it the way alot of folks have - I guess each experience is different. :)

All in all - it was a fabulous, wonderful, fun-filled, delicious, sunsoaked vacation that we will never forget. We are in the process of booking The Liberty again for next February - 5 days instead of 4 this time!!! I loved it all and cant wait to get back out there cruising!!! Enjoy your cruises!!! Take care. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 7 9368

Cabin 9368 - wonderful view, amazingly comfortable bed, plenty of room for a cabin on a cruise ship, bathroom was really fine - cant expect a hottub in a cruise ship bathroom!! Plenty of storage - ONLY COMPLAINT - the wall between cabins on the balcony deck would bang back and forth and make alot of noise when it was windy - every night just about. But other than that is was perfect!!! :)

Mayan Ruins

It was wonderful and informative - rain was horrible but nothing can be done about that. Guides were amazing - provided us lunch which we didnt expect.