Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Grams New York: Royal Caribbean's

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Royal Caribbean's

Sail Date: February 2012

This was my third cruise - my first on a Royal Caribbean ship. It was a family cruise which included three adults and one teenage boy. The ship was very beautiful and we took loads of pictures to show our friends. Even though the ship was huge, it was easy to navigate and find what you were looking for because of the touch screen information displays located throughout the ship.

Embarkation was so-so, taking about 30 minutes to get to our ocean view stateroom on the 8th floor. Once there, we were very impressed with the cleanliness, clever use of storage space, spacious bathroom, large balcony, and the beds which had nice white duvet covered blankets instead of tacky bedspreads I've seen on other ships and in hotels. The beds had egg crate foam mattress pads under the sheets which made them feel luxurious.

We opted for My Time Dining instead of assigned dinner times but only ate in the dining room the first night. While the servers were very friendly and More efficient, the food was nothing special. I ordered a sirloin, cooked medium, and it came out looking gray and was very tough to cut and even tougher to chew. We ate in the Windjammer the rest of the cruise and found the variety and quality of the food to be top notch. There was a carving station with a different main entree every night i.e. turkey; leg of lamb; Chateaubriand; roast pork; and roast whole chicken. The buffet stations were many with a variety of foods at each meal - there was something for everyone. I tried new foods at each meal, which was fun. The desserts were delicious and there were many sugar free choices. The Seattle's Best Coffee was delicious and I drank more coffee on the cruise than I normally do at home.

The pool areas were always very crowded and lounge chairs were taken very early in the day. There was a sign that warned against saving chairs but people would leave their belongings on the chairs unattended for long periods of time. I did enjoy the 2-seat-er swings in the adult swim area along with the quiet zones on each side of the ship which was separated by a glass door; it was great for reading and/or napping.

The shows were very nice, but the Air Show was not to be missed. I read other reviewers' rave about it and made a point to attend.

Disembarkation is not my favorite thing and this time was no exception. It didn't seem very organized until we were off the ship, then there just long, snaking lines until you got to customs and out of the terminal. We chose to take our luggage off the ship ourselves and had to drag it along for about an hour. As we were leaving, a couple of fire trucks and an emergency vehicle arrived to treat someone in the disembarkation area.

I would definitely sail on another Royal Caribbean ship and plan on not waiting so long before cruises. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 7 8370

The room was spacious enough, however the small oval glass coffee table in front of the sofa was more of a nuisance because it was always in the way. It would have been better not have any table at all.

Jet Boat Tour

(4)
The two males in our group chose the Speed Boat Escape Excursion, which was booked on the ship, and they thoroughly enjoyed it. The two females in our group opted to take a taxi to Paradise Beach, which proved to be a very relaxing and beautiful place to spend a few hours at a cost of $2.00 per person for beach admission. It is highly recommended.