Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ISellCakesforCruises: Carnival Valor - not my favorite, but still a good vaca

ISellCakesforCruises
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Southern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - not my favorite, but still a good vaca

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This itinerary was nice & different - 8 days is so much better than 7! Good stops too, Nassau, Bahamas, LaRoman, Dominican Republic, Curacao & Aruba.
The ship has a weird layout - crossing through the smoky casino got really old. Also picture stations were set up in the hall way - which everybody had to go through - making it almost impossible to get through - bad idea. When you read this, you think it's stupid, until you experience it.
Lunch had a lot of options, although of course, you had to wait for several. Mongolian wok, deli window, burrito window, burger/dogs, pizza & the fish & chips on the upper level (which never got too busy).
Breakfast was another story. The set up in the buffet is strange & you have to wait a long time for a tiny portion; for example, you pass the fruit, syrup, cereal & things, then get to the "hot" portion & it is all backed up - even though it's exactly the same every day. Really people, buy a clue.
Dinner service seemed a bit More slow in the any time dining. The food seems to have definitely gone down hill in the past 5 years or so. The menu is a lot more limited. The best part is the chocolate melting cake!! Dinner in the buffet was really limited, only 1 line open & of course pizza & deli, but no burgers.
Comedy show nightly were good & varied.
Pool band was good, but we got tired of the carnival ad running constantly on the big screen.
We never watched a movie outside & it never looked like many people did.
The main dance bar was smoking & the entire area seemed very smoky, after we are not used to that any more, so I don't feel like we enjoyed the evening entertainment as much as we would have liked.
It was still a nice vacation, but my next one will be a RCCL. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Interior Lido 9231

I love the cabins on the pool level. The bed was awful. Shower was bigger than I expected. It's a small room, but had plenty of space