Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by mustang6

Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: mustang6
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Excellent cruise
My boyfriend and I decided to take this cruise due to my teaching job giving me the week off. We were unsure of the weather. We lucked out with the warm weather. The day we left NYC it was 60 and sunny! The next day going down was choppy and rough. After that we had smooth sailing. NCL does a fantastic job at organization. I loved the daily freestyle book. There were plenty of activities. Richard the cruise director is everywhere all hours and friendly. We were never board. There is entertainment at the pool and all about the ship nightly. We were able to use the outside pools and hot tubs with no problem. I purchased the 119 extra spa pass and loved it. The boyfriend hung out in the casino during my spa time. Even with 900 kids on board, you hardly noticed it, due to a kids camp that NCL runs.

The food was awesome, much better then other cruise lines. We preferred Azura dinning room over TSARS. The seafood dishes and steak dishes were much better, as well as the wait staff. On the last night we went to Cagney's Steak house for the extra $25pp. We were blown away. The oysters and shrimp cocktail were huge! The filet mignon was to die for. You must try this one. The only complaint that we had was that shrimp cocktail was not available in the regular dinning rooms. Also, we are not big drinkers, so the $50 unlimited soda card is a deal.

We absolutely loved the Stirrup Cay trip. He went up to the pool at 7:30 to get the 1st tender tickets off the boat. You want to do that in order get a lounge chair. We also brought our own snorkel sets from home. We saved $70 in rentals!

In Nassau, we did the Sailfish sail and snorkel. Book online before your cruise and you save a couple of bucks. That was good, except the water was cold! Next time I will bring a wet suit. The staff could have been nicer they were very unfriendly. Therefore, they did not get tips.

The only negative comment I would have is our balcony room. It was very small for even just the 2 of us. For the amount of money we spent, I felt that it should have been slightly larger. Overall a 9 out of 10!

Publication Date: 02/29/12