Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by sunlover101

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by sunlover101
Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: sunlover101
Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: D8

Great ship
The food was good and even outstanding at times. We only ate in the Windjammer, the Solarium, The Cafe on the 8th and the MDR with my time dining. The only crowds we experienced were during parades and sales and on the last day before disembarkmment in the WJ.

Our cabin was an oceanview on the 8th towards the rear and very well appointed and quiet. We traveled with another couple and our steward immediately opened the half screen between our balconies at our request. The only inconvenience was the outlet under the desk. The bathroom was large enough and I really like the new shower design.I missed the extra conditoners and body gels that I have seen on others ships.

We tried out many of the bars and settled on Dazzles on the 8th floor and the 17th floor Crown Lounge. Both were never crowded and they had a good trio in the Crown Lounge and a good band in Dazzles.

The sales during the week were madhouses and in the future I would avoid them.

Embarkment was a breeze and our luggage was to our room at 1:30. Disembarkment was another story. This wasn't the fault of the Oasis but Immigration only had 4 officers on to process more than 6000 passengers. We were in line for 2 hours and it wasn't a good scene at all.

All in all it was a wonderful ship and a great trip and I would go on Oasis again. But I think the trip is much more about the ship then the ports. It would be a good ship for the grandkids too.

Publication Date: 02/29/12