Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Babe65

Member Name: Babe65
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Cruising the Caribbean
This was my second cruise on Royal Caribbean. We cruised the western Caribbean visiting Cozumel, Jamaica and the Grand Cayman Island. I took this same cruise in 2006 but was on a Carnival ship.

Loved the ship,loved the food (especially the different bread every night). Our room steward Denys was the best and was very friendly. He works hard and we really appreciated it. The ship's cruise director was a lot of fun.

At our table in the evening we had a young couple who were on their 1st cruise. They were so impressed with all the activities and the food, I am sure they will be cruising again soon.

The ship was very clean and deck 5 was the place to be. The shops are located there, plus a small coffee shop, and a martini bar. The promenade is very impressive. We traveled during the Super Bowl and they had the game on the big screen in the promenade. There are chairs and benches lining the promenade so you could sit and watch the game.

The ports were great. I was impressed with the new port in Falmouth, Jamaica. There are all new shops and buildings there right off the ship. The thing I most appreciated was the fact that the vendors did not pester you, like they used to do. I think the cruise line must have made a deal with them, that they could sell their stuff but were not allowed to pester people. What a pleasant change.

Even though I am 60+ young I did do the zipline tour. Great fun, and not as scary or dangerous as one might expect. You are in great hands. The guides are the best.

Now that I am back home I am on a diet so that I can lose weight for my next scheduled cruise in April. It is never ending. Love cruising, can't beat the prices, and all the entertainment that is provided.

Publication Date: 02/28/12