Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Babe65: Cruising the Caribbean

Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruising the Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my second cruise on Royal Caribbean. We cruised the western Caribbean visiting Cozumel, Jamaica and the Grand Cayman Island. I took this same cruise in 2006 but was on a Carnival ship.
Loved the ship,loved the food (especially the different bread every night). Our room steward Denys was the best and was very friendly. He works hard and we really appreciated it. The ship's cruise director was a lot of fun.
At our table in the evening we had a young couple who were on their 1st cruise. They were so impressed with all the activities and the food, I am sure they will be cruising again soon.
The ship was very clean and deck 5 was the place to be. The shops are located there, plus a small coffee shop, and a martini bar. The promenade is very impressive. We traveled during the Super Bowl and they had the game on the big screen in the promenade. There are chairs and benches lining the promenade so you could sit and watch the game.
The ports were great. I was More impressed with the new port in Falmouth, Jamaica. There are all new shops and buildings there right off the ship. The thing I most appreciated was the fact that the vendors did not pester you, like they used to do. I think the cruise line must have made a deal with them, that they could sell their stuff but were not allowed to pester people. What a pleasant change.
Even though I am 60+ young I did do the zipline tour. Great fun, and not as scary or dangerous as one might expect. You are in great hands. The guides are the best.
Now that I am back home I am on a diet so that I can lose weight for my next scheduled cruise in April. It is never ending. Love cruising, can't beat the prices, and all the entertainment that is provided. Less

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6

Ever since I had a balcony on one of my cruises, I am very spoiled and feel that a balcony is a must. This room was an inside room ( I took someone else's place at the last moment) and like most inside rooms it was small but OK. The bathroom is tiny but the wrap around shower door is a nice welcome over the shower curtain.

ATV Adventure

(4)
We lucked out in that there were only 4 of us on this ATV adventure. Everyone was an experienced ATV driver except me. I brought up the rear. The trail was very rocky and at place very muddy. By the end of the excursion my innards were all rearranged. The next group out had about 15 people and I heard that that many tend to slow down the group. Sometime you have some slow people in the middle and some of the better drivers are forced to go slower than they normally would have liked. It was great with our group since I was the slowest and last it did not hamper the rest.

Did the zipline. Loved it, not as dangerous as one might expect. Did the kayak down the river. Very nice and relaxing, a few small rapids, but a lot of fun.
Read 471 Falmouth Reviews